Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Chip feels hot on Bose Color Soundlink II

So seems my chip has gone faulty on my Color Soundlink II, I tried the "hold the power button for ten seconds" and "Hold the multi-function button for ten seconds" procedures and neither of them worked. I took apart my speaker because while it was plugged into power, it felt a bit warm on the back side underneath the power button coming through the case.

The unit will not power on whatsoever.

I then deduced that the chip in the picture labeled "U201" is very very hot to the touch, any advice on how to fix this? I entered my serial number and it says I'm out of warranty.wegweg.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Chip feels hot on Bose Color Soundlink II

Hello cm22486, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to see that your speaker is heating up when it shouldn't be. 

Your speaker will not have a warranty as you have taken the speaker apart, this means that the warranty is voided. Please avoid charging and using the speaker and reach out to us via this link here so we can assist you further with this issue. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Re: Chip feels hot on Bose Color Soundlink II

That's a REALLY weak and generic reply, such a canned response. I would expect more out of such a reputable company.

I knew the warranty was already voided based upon the age of the product, so taking it apart didn't matter anyways.

But to just say "you can find support here" and send me to a front-page of a support website? That's awful, seriously. Couldn't even point me to a specific area or anything.

Bose just lost a customer.