Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Color Link 1 could not connect through Bluetook

I have not used my Colorlink even though it's been sitting on my desk.  Today I attempted to hook it to my new S20 Ultra.  It is discoverable, but when I attempt to pair it tells me "Couldn't connect."  I've attempted clearing the phone data settings, I've attempted clearing the Speaker's settings, but still nothing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Color Link 1 could not connect through Bluetook

Author Accepted Answer selected by GingerJohn88

Hey @GingerJohn88,

That is quite unusual! For how long have you owned the speaker and when was the last time that you used it?

What you may need to do is push the latest firmware to the speaker to ensure it can connect to your phone. To do this, visit the Bose Updater HERE and follow the instructions. Also, have you tried using a different phone to connect the SoundLink Color speaker, and if so, did you have any success?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by GingerJohn88

Hey @GingerJohn88,

That is quite unusual! For how long have you owned the speaker and when was the last time that you used it?

What you may need to do is push the latest firmware to the speaker to ensure it can connect to your phone. To do this, visit the Bose Updater HERE and follow the instructions. Also, have you tried using a different phone to connect the SoundLink Color speaker, and if so, did you have any success?

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

I've probably had the speaker 4 or 5 years. I'm not sure when I last used it, she listed my MAC laptop in the listing of paired devices before I cleared it, so probably a year or so.  I plug it in to charge it every six or seven months, but just never had a reason to hook it up. Today I did.  I'm still technically on work time, but I will hook up my laptop this evening and see if I can push an update to it.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Ok, I feel stupid... it was not discovering my Colorlink, It must be finding a device which belongs to my downstair neighbor.  That said I did link it with no problem to my old Samsung S8+ with no problems.  

Highlighted

Not a problem @GingerJohn88! I'm happy to hear you were able to successfully find and connect your speaker to your phone.

Please feel free to reach out to the community in the future if you run into any issues!