Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

Companion 5 DJ equipment

I have Companion 5 and they are the best speakers ever.  I have noticed recently that when I operate the control wheel the volume level varies and I have to turn it left and right fairly quickly to get the desired level, which is something that hasn't happened before.  What could cause

I also would like to know if I can use the speakers as an output for DJ decks I'm buying and/or could I use my Soundlink speaker?

Cheers.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Companion 5 DJ equipment

Hello MancMike, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Can I please ask what are you connecting the companion 5 to? Have you connected it to something else like a phone/tablet/different PC, if so, is it the same? Also, have you reseated all cables and then disconnected, and reconnected? It would be great to know if it is with specific apps?

The DJ question depends on what outputs the DJ deck has. The companion 5's control pod has one 1/8" (3.5mm) AUX input which you could use. 

The bass module also has one USB for connection to a computer which likely won't work with your "DJ decks" - page 11 from the manual here shows the installation of drivers and setting up the USB connection, which likely won't work on your DJ deck, but you could use the aux connection above to the control pod instead?

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!