Connect Alexa to bose soundlink

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Connect Alexa to bose soundlink

Trying to connect Bose to alexa
12 REPLIES

Re: Connect Alexa to bose soundlink

Hi bmwelch1957,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

What exactly are you having issues with?  Which Bose system do you have?  Are you getting any sort of error message?

Please let us know so we can help you resolve this.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Silent Starter

I have  new Echo Dot 3rd Gen and am trying to connect to an older Bose SoundLink Mobile Bluetooth Speaker, Model 404800

The speaker is great, pairs readily with my phone, but i cant seem to get it to pair with the Alexa App/ Echo Dot.

Thanks for any insight / assistance

K

Hey Ktsaylor, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing connecting your SoundLink speaker. 

Can you please verify you're following this process Connect Your Echo Device to Bluetooth Speakers?

Are they close together? Try moving them around to see if the speaker will show up. 

Let us know how everything works out for you.

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

Silent Starter

Hi. Thanks for the reply.
I am following that method with possible exception to distance. Early attempts were about 25 fog apart and final series of attempts were within 1ft.
The method calls for approx 3ft apart. I will re-try but am not currently at home. Pplease share any other insight in meantime.
Silent Starter

Success.

There are 2 menus in the Alexa application. One for Alexa enabled devices and another for simple Bluetooth connections.
Selecting “Devices” in the lower right corner of the Alexa app the selecting the “Echo” to be paired, the under “wireless” select Bluetooth - that will bring up a new menu with button on the bottom to “Pair New Device”. So long as the Bose speaker is in discoverable mode. It pairs easily!
Thx
K
Quiet Contributor

Hi K,

I also have an old SoundLink Color version 1, and cannot pair with my Echo Dot 3. I got it to pair once, a few days ago, and it worked just fine. Then it wasn't connecting and I deleted it from the paired devices on the Alexa app, and haven't been able to re-pair it since.

I put it at various distances, and it shows up in the available devices list in pairing mode, but the waiting circles cycle through a few times and then Alexa says "your device wasn't paired." Very frustrating. I've cleared the memory on the speaker, updated the firmware, even reset to factory settings. Nothing.

Any advice would be great. This is why I usually just avoid fancy technology things..sigh

Hi unsavvy,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Could you verify that you have seen the steps offered by @Mohsin_S?

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony,
Yes I have followed those steps in that order

Hi unsavvy,

Thanks for responding! Occasionally, you may have to try the pairing process several times to successfully connect. This is more likely to be the case if you live in a high density area with lots of local interference. Remember, before pairing clear both the paired device list from the speaker AND remove the speaker from the Alexa app. Good luck! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support