dazzahitch
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2015

Connect Soundtouch & Soundlink

I currently have Soundtouch 10 & 30 speakers which can connect to each other and play the same music in different rooms, I am after a portable speaker to use in the garden but can only see Bose Soundlink speakers, can soundtouch and soundlink speakers play the same music at the same time?

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Connect Soundtouch & Soundlink

Hey @dazzahitch,

Thanks for posting!

Our SoundTouch and SoundLink devices are not compatible to play audio with each other. Sorry if that may be disappointing to hear.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
dazzahitch
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2015

Thanks for letting me know, are there any Bose portable speakers the do link with soundtouch speakers?

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

A long time ago, Bose sold a product called the SoundTouch Portable. They are no longer manufactured. 

If your SoundTouch 30 is a series III model, it will be compatible with Airplay 2 so you could use the Portable Home Speaker via Airplay 2. (Airplay 2 generally only works with Apple devices, iPhone, iPad, Mac computers.)

Be aware this product is part of our new generation of network-based speakers so it uses a different app; Bose Music.

Not sure which version of the SoundTouch 30 you own? Enter your serial number into our product support finder page here

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Sabhome
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

I have invested a lot of money is a sound bar, bass, back tv speakers plus a SoundTouch10 and a 20. All of it is super. I now want a third speaker for upstairs, but all of the new speakers are SoundLink which as I understand it, are not comparable. I refuse to swap all of my old (though only a couple of years old) SoundTouch products to SoundLink ones. I think - we should all insist - that Bose boffins crack a compatibility solution or bit of kit - which should be beyond the wit on man - which connects the too. Then I will buy back into Bose. Until then, I refuse, until Bose develops a fix for all its long standing and heavily invested  users. I will not buy anything else Bose until this happens, so Bose please keep me posted when it does. Many thanks