Did you mean: 
Ccross
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Connecting Bose Soundbar to a Bose special edition soundlink mini II

Bose product name: Bose soundbar and Bose special edition soundlink mini II

Country USA

We recently purchased a Bose sound bar for our Vizio smart TV. We were told by the associate at Costco that us that we could purchase a special edition Bose sound link mini II speaker and pair it with our Bose sound bar for a surround sound effect. I cannot figure out how to do this. can anyone help me with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Connecting Bose Soundbar to a Bose special edition soundlink mini II

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ccross

Hey Ccross,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome!

The SoundLink Mini II speaker is a Bluetooth portable speaker, that is great for playing your favorite music on the go. However, this cannot be connected to a soundbar and be used for the surround sound. I apologize for the misinformation or any confusion but this is not correct, and you'll only be able to connect the speaker to a device via Bluetooth to play music.

If you have any other queries I'd be happy to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ccross

Hey Ccross,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome!

The SoundLink Mini II speaker is a Bluetooth portable speaker, that is great for playing your favorite music on the go. However, this cannot be connected to a soundbar and be used for the surround sound. I apologize for the misinformation or any confusion but this is not correct, and you'll only be able to connect the speaker to a device via Bluetooth to play music.

If you have any other queries I'd be happy to help.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Ccross
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Thanks so much for responding quickly. My mistake, I was informed that we did not purchase the Bose soundbar, but it was the Bose speaker (long bar hooked up to TV via optical cable). 

Would you know of any Bose speaker that would work for my needs?

Tegan_M

Sorry you were misinformed. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what Soundbar product do you own? Please use this link to help you in identifying your product model. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Ccross
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

We purchased the Bose TV Speaker and the Soundlink Mini 

Ccross_0-1609272376730.png

Ccross_0-1609272581961.png

Vicky_W

@Ccross, thanks for confirming that. I am sorry but these two speakers are not compatible to be paired together. You can find out more about the products that support SimpleSync here