b-aficionado
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Does the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth speaker II can play from BT and Aux simultaneously?

I'm looking to buy a Bose portable speaker that i can plug my wired microphone to the AUX and at the same time play a background music for my Yoga studio.

Do you know if  i can play simultaneously from AUX and Bluetooth in the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth speaker II ? 

If not,  would you kindly recommend me a Bose model portable that can do this?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Does the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth speaker II can play from BT and Aux simultaneously?

No, it will only play one at a time.

I assume you are wanting music and mic inputs?  The only portable system from Bose that would would be the Pro-Portable systems.  Starting with the Pro-S1.  It has three inputs, two designed for instruments and Mics, and one which can be either BT or aux (designed for backing music input).

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Does the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth speaker II can play from BT and Aux simultaneously?

Another option would be to wire both into any type of 'mixer'.  There are really inexpensive ones on ebay and Amazon, for example.  Anything that takes two inputs and has one output should work.  You obviously need to wire both devices into the mixer and connect the Revolve to the output.

As a I am professional audio type (I am a film composer), I would suggest you spend a bit more and get a professional model (or least what the performers, djs, and karaoke people consider).  Way back when (around 2000), I purchased a 12 channel Mackie mixer.  One of the benefits of a professional mixer is they have XLR female inputs for the mics.  Just an example of what I am talking about say within the Mackie line - the Mix 8 on Amazon sells for about $90.  It will require a 1/4" male to 3.5mm male adapter/cable for the Revolve (unless you have a cable for the two RCA jacks).

b-aficionado
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you for your suggestion,

However i'm looking for something portable for a small room where leading voice is the focus. In terms of footprint most of the Bose portables are exactly what i'm looking for....  except for the aux/BT non-simultaneous requirement.

My job requires to visit the clients so, i would prefer just a one-device system that i can connect without any mixer.  Thanks for your reply.

b-aficionado
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Wow. the Pro-S1 it's amazing but its 15.7 lbs ! (and $500+ price)

I'm sure that in the professional world 15.7lbs is very portable, however it would be an overkill for a yoga class in company premises where i have to carry in a daily commute.

Thanks for the reply, in this case i will continue looking for other devices or suggestions.

Thanks again

Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I don't think you'll find anything consumer range that will do what you want.  The closest would be karaoke (which tend not to be portable) or busker style speakers (like the S1 Pro).  Anything smaller will just play one or the other.