djtiggur
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Galaxy Note9 won't connect to SoundLink Micro

My Galaxy Note 9 connects with many Bluetooh Devices, and my Bose SoundLink Micro connects to my other Samsung Phones. The problem is that I cannot get them to pair with each other. I have done a Cache Wipe of my phone, and that hasn't helped. 

I am going on vacation in a week, and would like to use these together at the beach - Can someone help?

Thanks in Advance!

Colin.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy Note9 won't connect to SoundLink Micro

Hi djtiggur,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your Note 9 to your Micro and I would be happy to help with this.

Is this the first time you are trying to connect the Note 9 to your speaker, or has it been connected before?

The first thing I would recommend you do to resolve this, is to check for any available updates for your Micro. The easiest way to do this is by going to the Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

As you mentioned performing a cache wipe on your phone, it would also be worth clearing the Bluetooth pairing on your speaker as well. To do this you just need to press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. After doing this you will want to forget any previous pairing to the speaker on your phone, if there is one.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
djtiggur
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Thank you for such a prompt response! I've watched a ton of videos and read a bunch of articles so far but none had led me to looking into a device update. I will try that soon as I get a chance and post my results.

Highlighted
djtiggur
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Well, I updated my SounkLink Micro, and still no pairing. I have done everything to my phone, short of a Network Settings Wipe (I'm not sure I'm ready to lose all of the wifi passwords I have saved). My phone will connect to every other (and I have many) Bluetooth Devices, and my SoundLink Micro has connected to every other phone, tablet and computer in my house ...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Highlighted
djtiggur
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

UDPATE

I was having trouble connecting another device I just bought. After hours of research, I tried "Emptying the Bluetooth Cache", then I tried "Resetting the Network Settings" - Neither of those worked.

Finally after dozens of hours of research, (via Bose, Android, Samsung, and other device Forums,) I tried putting the phone in "Safe Mode", and instantly it worked! Since I have returned my phone to "Normal Mode", everything is working perfectly.