Getting Bose Soundlink Revolve to work with computer

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Getting Bose Soundlink Revolve to work with computer

My computer found the Soundlink wifi connection, but when I went to turn on the speakers, the speaker icon does not recognize it.  It instead only recognizes the monitor.  Can you tell me how to resolve this?

7 REPLIES

Re: Getting Bose Soundlink Revolve to work with computer

ezrabg

Thanks for the post. Could you provide a little more detail? What operating system are you running? Have you updated the Bluetooth drivers in your computer?

Also, have you tried pairing the speaker with a mobile device for troubleshooting?

Please come back and update us, we are here to help.

Tony

Strident Supporter

Low Volume on Revolve

This may have been discussed here already but I find this somewhat strange.

I am using a USB SMK Bluetooth dongle on my Dell Windows 7 laptop.  It works perfectly fine with all my devices - I have two Revolve's, a QC 35ii, a Soundsport Wired, and a Soundlink Mini II.  I connected / attached my Revolve to my laptop, made it the default/primary and maxed out the music on my Winamp player, maxed the mixer, and hit the + a gazillion times on the Revolve.  It still was pretty soft - in fact, the internal speaker on my Dell was louder.

Then I tried three more things:

1. I played the same MP3 on my iPhone 7+ through the same Revolve and it was significantly louder

2. I connected/attached my QC 35ii to the laptop and played the same thing with the same settings, it was also significantly louder.  I also connected/attached my Bose Soundlink Mini II and it was also significantly louder than the Revolve's at the same setting.
3. I put the Revolve in AUX mode and hard wired it to the laptop and it was quite louder than when I tried it with Bluetooth.

It's not a particular speaker or a hardware issue as I tried both of my Revolve's and got the same result for both.

So why are my revolve's limited in volume in bluetooth to the laptop (not my phone).  None of my other Bose speakers or headphones/earphones have this symptom?

Re: Low Volume on Revolve

Hi joelirwin,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you check the Bose Connect app while the speaker is connected to the PC.  I wanted to see if for some reason the speaker is getting locked to a specific "max" volume.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Strident Supporter

All the volume sliders are fluid and moving.  I can change the volume on the PC with the windows mixer slider and that will make it softer and louder.  I can change the volume slider on the windows app and the same thing.  Then I connected it to my iphone 7+  no problem.  I can play the SAME track on my iphone and will sound significantly louder.  The slider on the iphone app also works fine to control the volume from very loud to mute.   Then I can hardwire connect it to the PC and put the Revolve in AUX and play that song and it will play as soft or as loud as it did on my phone.  The only time I can't seem to get it loud enough is when I play it on the revolve from my PC with Bluetooth and ONLY the Revolve.  The QC35ii, Soundsport wired, and Soundlink mini all play at the correct volume with that same song through that PC with the same bluetooth.  And BTW, its ALL the playing apps on the PC - I tried, for example Winamp for MP3 and VLC for MP4 and the audio was the same issue for both.

So this has been extensively troubleshot and my conclusions are: the Revolve soley seems to have a problem with max volume on a Windows PC only under Bluetooth.  Not AUX and not outside of a Windows PC (such as an iPhone).  All the other Bose devices I have play and sound fine on everything.  AND BTW - its not just one Revolve - got the exact same results on BOTH of my Revolves.

Hi joelirwin,

Thanks for the extensive testing.  When you checked the iPhone app, was the speaker still connected to the PC and playing audio while we looked in the Connect app for volume issues?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Strident Supporter

yes.  did it both ways.  Played revolve on pc both connected to phone and not connected to phone.  I have pretty gone through all the permutations and troubleshooting.  That couple with it being in both my revolves and see others here with the same issue, I am 90+% sure it is an issue with the firmware and needs fixing/updating unless you have a fix, workaround, or some scenario I didn't test.   Remember, when I put it on AUX and wire connect and play with no other changes on either end, the volume is significantly louder.  Its a Bluetooth implementation issue on the Revolve end.  I reasonably certain.

Quiet Contributor

, i just brought a bose soundlink revolve plus and had the same trouble, volume keys okay on ipod, samsung phone, dell laptop, but would not work on my dell pc my main home computer, took the bose back to shop got replacement and the new one works on all even my pc except when I go on you tube it does not work , i have spent the last few days about 15 hours total, trying all different ways to figure it out, on the new bose i am not going to update it, at all but i do not know what one it has going, so now the only place the volume control does not work is when i am on youtube, i am not happy with this speaker at all, all the time and stress it has caused me,