Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Home Portable Flakey charging on cradle

Hi...

Strange one... 

My new Bose Home Portable happily charges directly  from any of my usb power sources..  no cradle.

I have standard usb2 chargers and intelligent fast chargers. 

The issue is  when I use the cradle with these same chargers and leads only one.. a Samsung s20 phone wall socket usb actually charges the unit. All other chargers get a "device is not charging, please use another power source" from the speaker... ??? 

I've factory reset the speaker, same issue.

Also noticed in the Bose Music app the speaker no longer shows charge status. Ie % charged and if its plugged in. Just no info .. 

Any ideas guys,?

Thanks 

Baz

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Home Portable Flakey charging on cradle

Hi Baz,

Sorry to hear you've run into some issues with charging. For how long have you noticed this sort of problem with the cradle?

To confirm, the provided USB cable that comes with the Portable Home Speaker does not function with the charging cradle to charge the speaker? Have you tried charging using a different wall socket?

I'd recommend performing a reset on the speaker, to clear any underlying issues. To do this, press and hold the Play/Pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display pulsing white light on top and bottom as the speaker reboots. Let me know if you notice any improvement!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have received a replacement speaker due to other issues but I still have the problem that I can only use the cradle if I power it from the bose wall so socket plug.

If I power the cradle from any other USB power, it will not  charge. Even though if I plug that power directly into the speaker it does charge.

Is there some intelligence between thre cradle and the charging plug, where it will only accept the bose  charging plug?

Seems very strange I can directly charge the speaker with any usb plug but not if I use the cradle.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2020

My portable home speaker actually started exhibiting the same issue with my craddle charger.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Thanks for the response, 

Did you replace it and if do, did it cure it?

Thanks

Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Hello,

I still can't charge from the cradle unless I use the speakers USB plug? Which means I can only charge using the cradle if I'm at home. Can you please help?

Thank you

Hi all,

The SoundLink Revolve charging cradle is a great accessory to help you easily charge and use your speaker around your home. It will allow you to play music at the same time and ensures your speaker is ready to go whenever you are.

The cradle will need to be connected directly to a power source, either through a direct USB connection to a wall socket, our using a power adapter plug. The cradle will not be able to charge your SoundLink Revolve if the cradle isn't connected to power. I hope this helps answers any questions you had.

Please let me know if you have any other queries!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Hello,

Sorry, no you misunderstand me.

I know the cradle needs power.

The issue is the cradle  only charges the soeaker when it is powered from the wall socket.

If I power it through any other usb charger it does not work.

Yet if I any  USB chargers into the speaker ( without the cradle ) they charge the speaker.

Thanks for clarifying that for us!

If the cradle isn't charging the speaker when connected to other USB chargers, it would suggest it's not getting enough power from these chargers. To charge correctly it does need a power supply that is rated for 5 VDC, 3 A. If the other chargers you are using supply less than 3A, then this would explain why it is unable to charge the speaker.