Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Home Portable Speaker Observations

Hi - Got the speaker last week, after hesitating to buy a 2-year-old Revolve+ knowing that a smart version had to be on its way! Glad I waited!!

2 odd things I have witnessed: 1) there is a delay in volume changes. It seems it has to wait and think a few seconds before it sets the volume to the correct level. It appears to set the volume to a lower level and then a few seconds later the volume reaches the level set. I am not sure the circumstances under which I have seen this but it appears to be repeatable. This behavior makes setting the volume challenging.

2) When the speaker is in the stand-by mode and not connected to power, it really chews through the battery. I doubt it will go 24 hours in stand by and that is from a full 100% charged battery. Is that normal?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Home Portable Speaker Observations

Hello Clgberg,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the volume levels and battery life.

How are you adjusting the volume? Is this through your connected device, the Bose Music app or physically on the speaker?

Regarding battery life, standby mode can provide up to 24 hours. There may be some varying factors but if you believe that the battery life is noticeably below that timespan, please do let me know and I'd be happy to look into this further with you. 

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Bear with me Charlotte as I get some additional use data. Pretty sure I see the volume go from low to hi when using the Bose Music app on an Android phone. I saw mention of a firmware update being pushed to the speakers over the next few weeks and so I thought there have been reports of the audio fluctuation and it was being addressed. Sounds like that update is not targeted to audio issues.

As far as the stand-by time, it just seemed odd to me that if the speaker is going into a low power state to save battery but still be ready to accept a verbal command, it would operate longer than 24 hours in that state. It surprised me that the next day the speaker battery was dead. If that is the spec than I am fine with it. Thanks for the info.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Did more listening this morning. I was using the App on an iPad to control the volume of the speaker. The speaker was asked to play music on Spotify via a Google command. When I would raise the volume using the slider in the App the volume would go up, then come down, then go up and stop. When I would lower the volume to say 10%, the volume would go down, then up, then to 0. So the number of ups and downs I am not sure of, only that when I left off the slider at the volume I desired it would jump around. I want to say I do not see this behavior when Apple Play linked to the speaker, only when the speaker has been asked to play music via Google and maybe when the speaker is blue tooth connected. Not sure about the latter until I spend more time with the tech. It can be confusing with the multitude of options for connection and control.

Hello Clgberg, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the volume slider within the Bose Music app. Do you also have issues when physically increasing/decreasing the level via the speaker's physical buttons? 

Further to this, have you tried to reboot your internet router and also removed and re-added the speaker to the app?

I'll be interested to hear if this helps to make a difference. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

I can say that the physical volume buttons on the speaker always work as expected. I have not used the speaker lately but will try removing and adding back to the App the next time I have trouble using the App volume slider.

I do have a suggestion though on audio and volume. It seems to take more time than it should for the volume of the speaker to recover after it is lowered while the speaker is processing a Hey Google command. It stays low for like 3-4 seconds, then jumps up to the set level. During the time it is low one gets the urge to adjust it up, but then it goes up once that delay times out. Can the delay be shortened? Can the volume ramp up to the set level after the command finishes versus jumping up all the way?