Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Home portable speaker microphone not working

I recently purchased home portable speaker, I see that microphone is not working in the speaker. I don't see any light indicating on the microphone button. Voice assistance is also not working, I believe it is due to the microphone issue, I have setup Alexa and when I try to say something I don't see any response from the speaker. I did a factory reset to see if that works but still I don't see any indication on the microphone.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Home portable speaker microphone not working

Hi @gokul.mse,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for the trouble you've had attempting to have your speaker microphone working. I'd like to check with you to ensure that the microphone is not disabled.

When the microphone is enabled, you'll see a colourless LED above the microphone button icon. When the microphone is disabled (meaning Alexa will not respond), there will be a red LED above the microphone button icon. What are you seeing on your Home Speaker at the moment?

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply. I just checked my home speaker and can see colourless LED above the microphone button icon. I believe which means my microphone is not disabled but when I try to call Alexa I don't see any response from the speaker.

Actually, when I click the microphone button I don't see any color indicating in the LED. If it is disabled it should display RED color but I see only colourless LED even when I click on the microphone button.

Also FYI, I have setup the Alexa voice assistance in my Bose music app. So it should work when I try to say something for Alexa but my speaker is not responding.

Please kindly help to do the needful.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi @gokul.mse,

Thank you for your response and for updating me on the situation - the speaker does seem to be having an unusual issue.

Have you been able to connect to the speaker via Bluetooth - then test playing music? I want to see if your speaker is giving any audio output at all.

If not, are you able to play music within the Bose Music app through your speaker? We need to try and figure out if the speaker is having an issue purely with the microphone - or being able to output any audio at all.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2017

@Sam_F - Preset buttons and a display on the Bose Portable Home Speaker? I don’t think you are talking about the right product sorry...

Highlighted

Hi @Satch,

You are right about that - thank you for the correction.

However, to @gokul.mse , please do try those steps listed in my previous post and let me know how things go!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Hi @Sam_F My speaker is giving output through Bluetooth or through Bose music app. I can play music via connecting it Bluetooth and in WiFi.

But the only problem I face is the microphone is not working, even the microphone LED lights are not giving any output. Rest of the functions of the speaker are working fine. Only the microphone and the smart functions (Alexa or Google Assistance) is not working here. 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi gokul.mse,

Thank you for providing that information.

If we do not get any response from the microphone LED or the light ring it does suggest that something may be misbehaving within the speaker itself.

As something else we can try to get a response from the speaker, it would be worth us performing a reset/reboot of the speaker. To do this we need to press and hold the 'Play/Pause' button for 10 seconds. After the 10 seconds, the speaker will reboot and we can test it again.

If this reboot does not start it working correctly, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue.

You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 15, 2019

Hi Keith,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I did a factory reset to my speaker to see if the microphone is working but I'm facing the same issue. Microphone is not working even after the factory reset, so I believe I need to contact my local support team here in India.

I will contact them and will see how they can help to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your help!!