Highlighted
Bluethunder90
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

How Long Should Soundlink Color II Hold a Charge If Not in Use

Hi,

I bought a Soundlink Color yesterday. I charged the unit until the green light showed fully charged and then used the speaker for about 30 mins. I turned the unit off, disconnected the power cord, and left the unit sitting on the table for about 22 Hrs. When I attempted to use the unit this morning, it would not turn on until I connected the power cord just as I had to do during the initial setup. Once I connected the power cord, the charge light showed amber, but the unit performed without problems and had a full charge after about 15 mins. Can I expect to have to charge the speaker every 24 hours even I don't use it during that time, or should I just leave it connected to the power source when I'm not using it? I have always read that it is not good to leave electronics continuously charging; that it shortens battery life.    

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How Long Should Soundlink Color II Hold a Charge If Not in Use

Hi Bluethunder90, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your SoundLink Color II. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you! 

You are correct, we would not advise having your speaker on charge all the time as this could damage the battery. 

Has your product always done this?

I would recommend making sure your SoundLink Color II is up to date with the latest Firmware. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with doing this, just follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Bluethunder90
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: How Long Should Soundlink Color II Hold a Charge If Not in Use

"You are correct, we would not advise having your speaker on charge all the time as this could damage the battery. 

Has your product always done this?

I would recommend making sure your SoundLink Color II is up to date with the latest Firmware. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with doing this, just follow the on-screen instructions."

Thank you for your quick reply. I just purchased and received the speaker yesterday, so I will do what you suggested and see if it changes anything. I'm also going to fully charge the speaker today and operate it until I see that it needs to be charged, charge it completely again, and then try your suggestions.