talalawand
Participant
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

How do I change the name of my Soundlink Revolve +

I have the portable Bose speaker: Soundlink Revolve +. I don't know how to rename my speaker. I read on many different websites that I can do it through the Soundtouch app but when I try to add a new speaker, this model isn't an option. 

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_L

Re: How do I change the name of my Soundlink Revolve +

Hi talalawand,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

I would be happy to help clear this up for you. It is possible to change the name of the speaker through our app. However, the app we want to be using is called Bose Connect. If you download the Bose Connect app from the app store or play store and connect your speaker to it, you will be able to change the name from there.

We do have a few different apps for our products depending on how we use them. The Bose Connect app is used for our Bluetooth only speakers, whereas the SoundTouch app you currently have is for our range of SoundTouch Wi-Fi speakers. That is why you have been unable to connect your Soundlink Revolve + to the SoundTouch app.

I hope this helps.

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
dlp
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

The reply indicates to do this from the Explorer section of the Bose Connect app.  Where is that?  There is:

Profile - Not there

Music Settings - Not there

Find my Buds - Not there

Product Help - Answer isnt there

Feedback - Not there

Bose.com - Not there

Privacy Policy & Settings - NOPE

Legal - No

So......back to original question - Where do you go exactly to change the name of the Soundlink Revolve speaker?

CCMF
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Must be a secret

dustoff_pilot
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

I have the same question and concern.  I would love for a Bose representative to provide specific instructions on where, within the Bose Connect app, SoundLink Revolve users are supposed to go to change the name of the device.  The function was in the app previously (I used it when I purchased my first Revolve speaker in 2017), but I have since added two more Revolve speakers to the house in the past year, and cannot rename either of them.  Frustrating!

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@dustoff_pilotsee my response in your other post.