Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

How to charge Soundlink Mini II special edition

Hi I’m in the UK and just bought a new Bose Soundlink Mini II Special Edition which doesn’t have a charging cradle, just a USB. I can’t work out how to charge it - tried connecting to Laptop but that didn’t work. Can’t seem to buy a wall charger from Bose and it sounds as though I need to buy exactly the right thing or it could damage the speaker but I can’t find out what that is. It’s so frustrating - can anyone advise please? It seems crazy that I’ve bought something I can’t seem to use!

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to charge Soundlink Mini II special edition

Hello LouN, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I would firstly recommend you update the firmware of your speaker. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

As for wall adaptors, you can charge your product with any household USB cell phone charger. For optimal and fast charging, we recommend something at 1.5/1.6 Amps at 5 volts, this tends to be standard with most phone adaptors but please refer to your manufacturer if you're unsure. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!