Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2019

How to disable Bluetooth Low Energy on Soundlink Color II

I have a SoundLink Color II speaker that I occasionally use with my laptop. Whenever I turn on my laptop, the laptop automatically connects to the speaker regardless of whether or not the speaker is powered off. I understand that this is due to Bluetooth Low Energy, is there a way to turn off this feature. The laptop automatically connecting to my speaker when the speaker is POWERED OFF is very annoying especially at times that I want to use my computers speakers. Are there any plans to update the firmware for the SoundLink Color II speaker so that Bluetooth Low Energy can be disabled through the Bose Connect app or by some other means.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How to disable Bluetooth Low Energy on Soundlink Color II

Hello jprince, 

Welcome to the community! 

I am sorry but there is no way to disable this at the moment. We have submitted a feature request to have a toggle in the app that allows you to change this, I will add your name to the list of customers that want this changed. 

As soon as we have an update we will let the community know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

Please also add my name to the notification list. This feature is needed, especially when working from home with roomates, being on multiple conference calls daily, using various Bluetooth devices, etc. I need to decide when I want to turn ON/OFF my devices. Thank you!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Hi! Unfortunately I found that it is not possible to turn off bluetooth. I ask the technical staff: Do you know when the function will be implemented? How do I update the firmware once the feature is released? Thank you very much, please implement the function