Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

I bought 3 soundlink color II and want to link them to the app simplesync. It does not list them?

I have bought 3 new soundlink color II speakers and want to link them to the simplesync app so that I can play them around the house. The app does not allow me to set up the speakers as there is not option for them? However, i bought them as the website clearly said they were supported?

1 REPLY 1
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: I bought 3 soundlink color II and want to link them to the app simplesync. It does not list them

That won't work.

THe smart speaker range are designed for multi-room and can link as many as the network will take (probably 5-10 on a good network), because they connect by Wifi.

The Soundlinks (including the colour) connect by BT.  So firstly you are limited by range and that is only really good for expanding sound in 1 room and will not give enough distance for around the home.  Secondly, simplesync only works with a smart speaker as the "master".  For example you can have a Home speaker 500 as the source and link to 1 BT device such as the Soundlink colour.  SO they are supported by simplesync, but you need a smart speaker to start it.

Using the Bose connect app, you can link 2 soundlink colours only (and again only really for the one room).