Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

Inability to connect Bose Soundlink Revolve to MacBook Pro 2015

My MacBook Pro 2015, which I historically have had no problem with in connecting to my Bose Revolve Soundlink, for the last week has not been able to connect. This despite repeated attempts; rebooting of computer; checking of your Community Forum for suggested solutions - I have followed all of these suggestions step by step, but no success.

The Bose is 2-3 years old. I do update my MacBook whenever prompted. My iPhone (and the Bose Connect app that I use on that device), connects just fine. I have disconnected my iPhone already, as a test, and have also asked my husband to disconnect his PC from the same Bose to see if that solves the problem. No improvement.

Please advice. Thank you!

Tosca

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Inability to connect Bose Soundlink Revolve to MacBook Pro 2015

Hey Tosca,

That seems quite unusual! I'm pleased to hear you were able to find some useful tips on our Community.

To confirm, the speaker is able to connect perfectly fine with your iPhone - but struggles to connect to the MacBook? Do you happen to have any other Bluetooth devices/speakers/headphones that you've tried connecting and if so, were they having any issue?

Have you checked your SoundLink Revolve speaker firmware is up to date by visiting the Bose Updater? Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

I am having the same issue. We have only had the Soundlink for about a month. It will not connect to my macbook now, but does connect to an iphone fine. When I open bluetooth, I see Little Miss Dyanamite as the name of this speaker, and it shows not connected. When I clicked on it it opened for a short time and then showed it disconnected again. I ran the update and virus scan, and find nothing.

Very frustrated!

Highlighted

Hey Janet,

Sorry to hear you're always running into a similar problem. It's great that you checked for any updates - have you tried clearing the pairing list of the speaker? You can find instructions for doing this HERE.

Furthermore, do you have any other Bluetooth devices/speakers that you could try connecting to your MacBook via Bluetooth? This will highlight if the issue is isolated to just your Bose speaker.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

We have another Bose soundtouch speaker that does connect to the macbook just fine. It appears to be an issue with the new SoundLink Revolve only. Everything else works.

Janet

Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

I am able to connect to my Bose Soundtouch without issue

Highlighted

Thanks for the confirmation - it weird that the Revolve speaker is having a hard time connecting.

Could you explain what you see when attempting to connect to the MacBook? Is the speaker showing up as an available device? Does the connection fail when you click on the speaker to connect? Have you ensured the pairing list of the Revolve is completely clear before trying to connect it to the MacBook?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Hello. We do not see the speaker from the sound control in settings on the Mac. When we open Bluetooth we can see it but it is called Little Miss dynamite, which is strange. When we click on that it attempts to connect and then disconnects. We were able to get the speaker to work if it’s connected to a USB device it’s only Bluetooth that is not working. Bluetooth is working for the iPhone. We did try to clear All pairing devices from the Bose speaker but that did not seem to work either.

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming this information. 

I would recommend that you try clearing the pairing list on the revolve in the same way as mentioned earlier in the thread. Then delete the pairing on your MacBook Pro. Then try reconnecting like a new connection. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

No, my problem is not resolved. I have:

updated the Bose app;

disconnected the Bose Revolve from other devices it had been paired to before;

tried the solution of pressing and holding the pairing button;

but while the Revolve says it is "pairing with the MacBook Pro", the speaker never actually kicks in when I play music on the Mac. I read the issues that other people with a MacBook Pro have reported recently, and have tried each and every solution, and nothing helps.

It continues to pair with the iPhone just fine.

It is very, very frustrating.  Even more so since it used to work seamlessly with the MacBook Pro for the first year or so.