Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven05
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

Issues with volume (READ ME!!)

Hi community,

I have a really weird recurring issue with my bose speaker

I get the latest iPhone pro each year, and have had this issue with both 11 and 12 pro. 

Please read and see if you can help:

Last year I purchased a BOSE bluetooth speaker and would often have the following issue:

• Connect to speaker via bluetooth
  • Speaker's volume would be capped to a very low volume, even though BOTH phone and speaker have been maxed out at their volume levels
  • I would then need to disconnect my phone from the speaker and reconnect again in order for the volume to be uncapped and play to its normal volume levels

So after this happened I went to change my speaker and purchased one of the latest BOSE speakers. (Bose revolve II sound link) At the same time I also upgraded from 11 pro to 12 pro and guess what, I'm still having the same issue!!

Can anyone help?

I am using Spotify for my phone. This issue is driving me nuts.

Also, when I connect with my MacBook Pro, I seem to encounter weird interruption noises, every time (not static).

Bose product name

Bose Revolve II sound link

Country

Malta

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro, MacBook Pro (M1)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

refer above

Where do you run into the issue?

refer above

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

refer above

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset speaker, cleared pairing list, set bluetooth device as speaker in bluetooth settings

4 REPLIES 4
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Issues with volume (READ ME!!)

@Steven05(I do not work for Bose)

I wanted to start by giving you a data point that I have a Bose Revolve and an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.6 and I not having any issue with the volume at all the way I use.  Keep in mind, though I keep my music on my phone and play it with "Ecoute".  However, I also have movies I play from my phone (I am a film composer so I need to demo my music) with VLC - again no problem.  I don't use Spotify but I have used Youtube with no issues.  And right now I am using a pair of Bose QC35s (not Revolve) while I am on hold with a vendor.  But again, I am not experiencing any sound/volume issues with any of my Bose products and iPhone 12 apps/phone.

So what the means, is:

1. Unless you having the problem with everything you play through the Revolve, it probably is an issue from the iPhone end (even if it does not happen with other BT devices).

2. I would start by un-pairing everything from the Revolve and resetting it back to factory settings.  Then I would remove ALL Bose devices from the iPhone end - not just the Revolve.

3. I would look for ANY setting on the iPhone 12 Pro that could have an impact on the volume.  For example (and not saying this is your issue), one of the impacting settings is "Sounds", "Headphone Safety", "Reduce Loud Sounds".

4. You need to go through any of your apps that are associated with Sound and check their settings whether you use them regularly or not.  Also think about your background app refresh settings and see if any of them are inadvertently impacting you sound.

5. If nothing seems to help, let the moderators here know in more detail what works OK with the sound and what does not.

Keep in mind that you really have no control over sound on the Revolve through the Connect app.  Your only control is with the volume buttons on the Revolve.  So make sure you hit the "+" on the Revolve a gazillion times but to be honest, it's associated with the phone so the volume buttons on the phone should also change the volume on the Revolve.

Steven05
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

How would I get in touch with the moderators?

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Steven05 

1. Find a moderator response anywhere in this community

2. Locate the moderator's name

3. Go to the messages section (see the letter icon on the top of this screen)

4. Create a message and send it to the moderator.

jpz1967
Participant
Registered since

Aug 8, 2021

I have exactly this same issue using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.  When I first connect to the Bose Revolve Soundlink, 80% of the time, the playback volume is pretty low. If I immediately disconnect the Bose (in Bluetooth settings on the phone) and then reconnect it, the volume is then back to a normal level.

It's not a major issue but it is annoying.  I now connect, immediately disconnect and reconnect.  

The Bose Revolve Soundlink is running firmware v3.1.1 but it's had the same issue since I bought it almost a year ago.

My iphone 12 Pro Max is running iOS 14.7