Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Low volume on SoundLink when paired with my TV

My SoundLink Color II is connected by Bluetooth to my TV and the volume control doesn’t work to increase volume. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Low volume on SoundLink when paired with my TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lynie23

Hi Lynie23, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are connecting to your TV. I'll see what I can do for you! 

Are you able to control the volume when you connect to other devices? 

Have you tried using the remote for the TV to control the volume? 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing on the SoundLink Colour II Bluetooth pairing list by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your TV and then connect like a new connection. 

I hope this helps! I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lynie23

Hi Lynie23, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are connecting to your TV. I'll see what I can do for you! 

Are you able to control the volume when you connect to other devices? 

Have you tried using the remote for the TV to control the volume? 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing on the SoundLink Colour II Bluetooth pairing list by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. Once complete, delete the pairing on your TV and then connect like a new connection. 

I hope this helps! I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Sorry. I didn’t mean to accept solution. I only pair with TV. No other devices. Sound is not impacted by TV remote. I will remove and re-pair again and see if that helps. It didn’t work yesterday.

Thanks

Lyn

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

I AM HAVING SAME ISSUE, I HAVE TRIED TO RECONNECT SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO LUCK. IF SOMEONE CAN HELP PLEASE LET US KNOW!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 12, 2020

Low volume on SoundLink when paired with my TV

MY BOSE SOUNDLINK COLOR II PAIRS FINE WITH MY SAMSUNG TV, BUT FOR SOME REASON THE VOLUME IS ALWAYS LOW. I HAVE TRIED PUSHING VOLUME UP ON ACTUAL UNIT (BOSE SOUNDLINK COLOR II SPEAKER) WITH NO LUCK AS WELL AS TRYING TO RAISE VOLUME ON (SAMSUNG) TV, NEITHER SEEM TO WORK. THE ONLY THING ON BLUETOOTH LIST OF TV IS THE BOSE SOUNDLINK COLOR II. THE VOLUME IS VERY LOW WHEN PAIRED. SPEAKER IS FULLY CHARGED. I HAVE ALSO TRIED IT WHILE SPEAKER IS PLUGGED INTO WALL! PLEASE HELP!

Highlighted

Hey Lawagent786, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Regarding your query, do you experience the same issue when you connect to other devices?

Please be aware that the SoundLink Color II is not designed to be used with a TV. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Re: Low volume on SoundLink when paired with my Samsung smart TV

Hi have you guys at Bose not fixed this yet?????? It is obvious to a mear mortal such as myself that you guys have screwed up. Everyone has the same problem with pairing the color II with samsung TV's and before you say it the Samsung pairs with every other blue tooth speaker. It is just you guys. So put your heads together and solve it. If a cheap blue tooth speaker works why cant your very expensive color II not????? I like Bose just as much as I do my apple products but come on guys pull the finger out. Or dont you care???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 9, 2020

Bose 1 soundlink color II

Why doesn't the volume on this $130 speaker work well (can't turn it up) when paired with my Samsung TV, when my daughter's $20 speaker works great?? I've tried all the clear lists and disconnect you guys have been suggesting. So again, why is your speaker outperformed by a Walmart discount special? And yes, I know it's "not really designed to work with a TV", BUT NEITHER IS THE WALMART SPKR, genius.

Highlighted

Re: Bose 1 soundlink color II

Hello Michael, 

Thanks for posting!

If you are able to pair your speaker with your TV, then make sure that the TV supports AVRCP. This sends commands like volume up/down from one Bluetooth device to another. Your TV manufacturer cant help with this and provide you with accurate information as to what is/is not supported by your TV, and how the TV handles the supported functions between different device manufacturers

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Re: Bose 1 soundlink color II

I have the same problem.  However, the Bose sound when connected wirelessly to Samsung TV was adjustable from low to very high for the first 1.5 years after purchase.  Then the sound Suddenly dropped into the low mode that others are complaining about.  I have tried all the offered solutions without any improvement.