Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Low volume when using Auto-on feature Revolve Soundlink

Hello,

I have an issue with my speaker (Revolve Soundlink) regarding the Auto-on feature. When I start my speaker with Auto-on on my iPhone, the maximum volume is not very high, but when I turn my speaker on and then connect my phone, the speaker can get WAY louder. I tried with several iPhones and the same issue, but with a MacBook, it's working fine.

I tried to reset with 10sec power button, with 10sec multifunction button, and with both button for 10 sec but the issue is still there, I feel like it's a firmware issue.

Is someone having the same issue? Is there a fix? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Low volume when using Auto-on feature Revolve Soundlink

Hello kevin.lim,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some volume issues with your SoundLink Revolve speaker! 

Could you please confirm the iOS version of the iPhone's that you have tested?

Additionally, could you please ensure that your SoundLink Revolve is running the latest available firmware by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer and following the steps.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hello,

I did the update yesterday before resetting my speaker, and I still have the issue.
I'm running 12.4 on iPhone XS Max, I tried with an iPhone 6s and I still have the issue.
I remember having this issue at least since iOS 12.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

Highlighted

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information. 

It seems to be an issue specific to iOS in this case. Would it be possible for you to update your iPhone to iOS 13.1.3?

Please let me know if the issue persists after this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

kevin.lim@outlook.fr 

I am confused.  I don't see anything in the Bose Connect app that says "auto on".  Are you referring to the "Auto Off" feature being set to "Never" as meaning "Auto On" or is it something else?

When I turn on my Revolve and play some music resident on my phone (I don't stream my music) with my "Ecoute" iPhone app, the music plays plenty loud and I can control the volume both with the slider in Ecoute and with the + and - keys on the Revolve (which also change the slider position in Ecoute).

I don't recollect ever having a volume issue on previous versions of iOs though I have gone through all the updates and did indeed upgrade to 13.1.3 yesterday when it came out.

Am I missing something here, perhaps.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, I tried with an iPhone 7 on iOS 13.1.1, and the problem is still there.

Regards,

Kevin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 15, 2019

@joelirwin I don’t know what is the name of this function, but you can power on your Revolve when clicking on it’s name in the bluetooth settings.

I called it Auto on because, you don’t need to press anything on your Revolve, just wake the speaker up with your phone.