MODEL 415859 COLOR SOUND LINK CHARGING ISSUE

Suz
Quiet Contributor

Re: MODEL 415859 COLOR SOUND LINK CHARGING ISSUE

Just wanted to let you know that Bose Customer Support is Excellent and will replace your speaker if it has charging issues.

Suz
Quiet Contributor

I am on my 3rd Sounlink Color ll due to charging problems. I do not use my speaker every day, in fact a few weeks may go by before using it. So while talking to customer support just now they didn't understand my question I guess? I got the feeling it is not okay to leave speaker plugged in 24/7? But how often should I charge it if I am not using it daily?

Highlighted

Hi Suz,

I'm glad to hear you are happy with your customer support experience. 

We would not advise leaving the speaker plugged in 24/7 as this tends not to be good for any rechargeable batteries. We would not be able to recommend an exact charging time for your specific usage, but the SoundLink colour should take roughly 3 hours to charge from the battery being fully discharged, so when the speaker is not in use it would be worth taking this into account.

I hope this helps.

Keith_L - Community Support - 

ter
Quiet Contributor

My Bose got sloppy at the USB port leading into the unit after a few uses as well. I have found the only way to charge it is to very gingerly move the cable slightly this way and that, followed by putting a heavy object on the cord to keep it in place once I get the blinking orange light indicating it is charging. It is definitely the female port on the Bose that is causing the issue. I was wondering if it can be opened and the input USB could then be replaced? Anyone know how? THX. But I love the sound.

Silent Starter

I have had to replace my speaker 3 times now for charging difficulties. Contactc Bose Technical help. They are the best!
Now I am trying to use my speaker more often so it doesn't discharge completely.
Quiet Contributor

They will replace even if out of warranty?

Hello sxd134,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community. 

We recommend that you attempt the troubleshooting steps provided previously within this thread to see if this helps resolve the issue you are experiencing with your SoundLink Speaker. 

If this does not help resolve the issue we encourage you to contact your regions Bose product support team who will be happy to discuss what options are available to you. If your product is within warranty we will be able to process repairs and exchanges free of charge, however if your product is out of warranty a surcharge will be processed if you wish to proceed with this. To contact your regions support team,  please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent there will be more than happy to do what they can to help get this resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Suz
Quiet Contributor

I think it depends on the specific issue? There may be a surcharge? But defintely should call and find out.