Feb 14, 2017

MODEL 415859 COLOR SOUND LINK CHARGING ISSUE

51 REPLIES 51
AAA5949
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Re: MODEL 415859 COLOR SOUND LINK CHARGING ISSUE

I have owned the color sound link model 415859 for just over a year.  While the sound quality is excellent, there is definitely an issue related to the charging port at the back of the speaker. The charging cable provided with the speaker no longer charges the device.  The port itself looks off center as if it were not installed correctly during manufacturing.  The cable when plugged in is loose and does not charge the unit.  I have been very gentle with the speaker but am quite dissapointed with this charging issue.

Hi AAA5949,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

Just to be clear, you have a SoundLink Color correct? Could you try rebooting the system processor?:

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Play/Pause button for at least 15 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold Play/Pause, unplug from power
  4. Release Play/Pause

Reconnect it to power to see if it charges.

If you do not notice anything try using another USB micro cable. 

If the issue persists, we recommend reaching directly out to your local Bose Support for further assistance. Contact info here.

Mohsin 

jd903e
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

I tried the troubleshooting for this speaker and it still doesnt work i attempted to contact BOSE through email and they never got back to me ive only owned this unit since christmas and i must say the charging port is a bad design and im disapointed in the product, the sound is great but the charging port seems to be flawed. Since BOSE doesnt want to stand behind their product, i could safely say i will not buy another speaker from them again.

jd903e

Thanks for responding and trying the troubleshooting offered. It looks like its time to contact your local Bose support here. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Let us know how it goes

Tony

AnnaHF
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Exact same thing happened to me. And I hear from friends who have owned it that the charging seating goes bad quickly. Bose offered to replace for a discounted price...for touting such a great product, I agree that they should be more willing to stand behind it.
Ramiro
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I was disapointed about Bose because I love all products of them.

I had the same issue with my soundlink color, Before to bring the speaker to tech support I did the following:

1. Connect the speaker to power
  2. Press and hold the Play/Pause button for at least 15 seconds
  3. While continuing to hold Play/Pause, unplug from power
  4. Release Play/Pause

Reconnect it to power to see if it charges.

And it works fine.  thanks

I plug it in to my PC USB port 

Hi Ramiro!

Thank you for your informative post, I'm sure your advice here will help out other customers!  Great troubleshooting there.

Enjoy your day,

Shiloh_C

Uscalgal
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

I am having the exact same issue and have had zero success with any of the suggested fixes. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Hey Uscalgal,

Thank you for joining the conversation and I can understand how that would be frustrating.  I'd like to suggest reaching out to customer support here.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  When you speak with support you can get more information on what your available options are.

Thank you again and have a wonderful week,

Shiloh_C