LordNelson850
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Mac OS 10.10.5

My Soundlink Color II has died, will not charge, tried many different chargers. Only thing suggested by BOSE was to try a different cable however the cable looks unique.
Also tried to update but new BOSE Updater App does not appear to work with OS 10.10.5. Will not launch.
Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mac OS 10.10.5

Hello LordNelson850, 

Thank you for posting today and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that your speaker will not work and I would love to assist you with this. 

One thing to keep in mind when testing different USB chargers is to ensure that they are meeting the speaker's power requirement of  5 vDC, 0.5 A. Please also test a different power outlet as well as the cables to ensure that this is not the reason for no power to the speaker. 

If you have another PC that you can attempt to perform the update on this would be very useful, as a reminder to update the speaker you will need to go to our Bose Online Updater on the PC with the speaker connected and follow the onscreen instructions. 

If possible can you please attempt to reset the speaker by pressing and holding the power button for around 10 seconds until you see a blue Bluetooth LED? Can you please also let us know if you see any LEDs at all when attempting to charge the speaker or if you hear any tones from the speaker? 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regard to this and if any other users have had a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

LordNelson850
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

I do not have another PC, I have tried all the other suggestions.

Hello LordNelson850, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If you haven't already, please check to see if there are any LEDs on the speaker when it is plugged in to charge. If you see no LEDs, please try another cable. If the issue persists, please reach out to support in your country here to discuss your options for service.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

LordNelson850
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

I have tried everything except another cable, as the Bose cable appears unique and I do not have another Bose product.
Have spent hours on this already, including on-line chat, everyone just suggests the same with no resolution.