Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

MediaMate commputer speakers no sound left speaker

Have older Bose Mediamate computer speakers for at least 30 years, left speaker sound stopped working and went silent. Are these fixable or just junk? How do you test it when everything is prewired?. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: MediaMate commputer speakers no sound left speaker

Hey rdbliven,

It's great to hear the MediaMate system has served you well for such a long time! Have you tested the left speaker with multiple sources of audio and with different devices to completely test if it's still operating?

To look into service options, so I'd recommend contacting local support to discuss the possible options. It may not be possible as the system is almost 30 years old, but let me know how things go!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I bought some Logitech speakers and the left and right both work with no probem so it's not the sound card. 

Thanks for letting us know that rdbliven!

Have you also tried connecting the speakers to your computer with another audio input cable? You can use any 3.5mm Stereo Male Jack to Dual Male RCA cable to do this. It's possible that the input cable that connected the speaker to the computer is what is causing this issue.

Also, as there are two audio inputs on the MediaMate, audio inputs A and B, try connecting the input cable to both of these inputs to see if either give you sound through the left speaker.

If after this, you still are not getting any audio from the left speaker then I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, to discuss the service options, as suggested by @Sam_F above. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!