Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

My Bose Soundlink III will not connect to my iPhone7.

Soundlink III pairs and connects to my iPhone5, but will not connect with iPhone7 (it does apparently pair with iPhone7)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My Bose Soundlink III will not connect to my iPhone7.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Shsnee, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your SoundLink III Mobile Speaker to your iPhone 7.

I would recommend clearing the device list on the SoundLink speaker to ensure there are free slots available in the memory. To do this:

- Power the speaker on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds or until you hear the speaker make a Beep-Boop sound. 

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone 7, then look for "SoundLink III - Not Connected." There will be an ⓘ, tap on this, then tap forget device, then confirm. (if the speaker is not listed, please ignore this step.)

- Turn Bluetooth off on the iPhone 7, then re-enable it. 

The speaker should now connect to the phone. 

I hope this helps, and if anyone else has had similar issues, please feel to try the recommend steps. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello Shsnee, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your SoundLink III Mobile Speaker to your iPhone 7.

I would recommend clearing the device list on the SoundLink speaker to ensure there are free slots available in the memory. To do this:

- Power the speaker on, then press and hold the Bluetooth button for around 10 seconds or until you hear the speaker make a Beep-Boop sound. 

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iPhone 7, then look for "SoundLink III - Not Connected." There will be an ⓘ, tap on this, then tap forget device, then confirm. (if the speaker is not listed, please ignore this step.)

- Turn Bluetooth off on the iPhone 7, then re-enable it. 

The speaker should now connect to the phone. 

I hope this helps, and if anyone else has had similar issues, please feel to try the recommend steps. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 2, 2019

Thank you!! That worked!

Highlighted

That's great news, shsnee! 

Please feel free to mark my post as the an accepted solution, if you are happy this has resolved the issue for you. 

Enjoy listening to your music once again! 

For anyone else having problems, please try the above troubleshooting steps.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Apologies  for hijacking this thread, but I get so tired of the Bose apologists who foist off solutions that don't work.  For months I've been trying solve the problem of why my Soundlink III will not automatically connect with my Mac.  Everything worked fine, until I upgraded to Mohave OS.  When I searched for an update for my speaker, guess what?  Bose hasn't made an update for the Soundlink III.  What I do get that are not at all helpful are sorries and suggestions to push this and that, which of course is a waste of time.

Don't think I will be considering a Bose product next time round.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Maybe try upgrading your Mac from Mohave OS to Catalina OS. My Soundlink III connects to everything (i.e. Macs running Catalina - and Mohave before that, and iPhone XI Pro running iOS 13.4.1 - and at least the previous 3 versions of iOS before that. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Thanks, I've considered upgrading to Catalina, but don't want to say goodbye to 64-bit programs at this point.

My Soundlink works fine with High Sierra, but not with Mojave.  Are you saying your Soundlink did work with Mojave?  Wonder why mine won't?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Don't know. All of my Bose Bluetooth devices (I have several) worked perfectly with the Mojave OS. Did you try the steps "Jeff G." described near the beginning of this thread? Around a year ago my SoundLink Color became "un-paired" from my iPhone X, and I could not get them paired again. I checked this site and found someone with a similar problem and they were given the same advice as "Jeff G." provided. I tried it . . . and it worked! (I did one extra thing: after clearing the SoundLink Color's Bluetooth device list and "forgetting" the SoundLink Color in my iPhone's Bluetooth list, I turned BOTH devices - the SoundLink Color AND the iPhone - off, and left them off for about a minute. When I turned both devices back on, I was able to pair the SoundLink Color and the iPhone with no problem.) 

I wish you good luck!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Followed Jeff's suggestions to the letter.  I'm on an iMac, not an iPhone, but adapted his  instructions to suit.  At first, it seemed to work.  I tried turning the speaker on and off several times, and each time it connected.  But I've had this happen before.

After a few hours, I wanted to play some music so turned on the Soundlink III.  It connects with the Mac for about 10 seconds (during which time there may or may not be sound coming from the speaker, and if there is, it's garbled), then disconnects again.  At this point I need to reconnect manually, then it's good to go as long as there's output from the Mac.

This connect-disconnect thing has been consistent since I upgraded to Mojave.  I've found numerous complaints on various forums from other Mac Mojave users having similar problems with the Soundlink III.

I've been in contact with Apple service, who instructed me to run several fixes, SMC and PRAM resets, etc., to no avail.  Their final word was that I should contact Bose for a firmware upgrade.  Of course, Bose doesn't support the Soundlink III.

Although not happy, I'm learning to live with it.  Doubtful that my next Bluetooth speaker will be from Bose though.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2020

PS: The Soundlink III connects just fine with both my iPad and iPhone 6; just doesn't like to shake hands with my Mac.