Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
youdingus
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

My Bose Soundlink Micro WILL NOT TURN ON

I ordered my Bose Soundlink Micro off of Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Up until a couple of days ago, the speaker was working perfectly fine--it's a good product. It was always at 100%. However, the other day I tried to turn it on, but it didn't turn on. I press the power button and nothing happens (no noise / lights whatsoever). When I plug it in to an outlet, three lights turn on, which I thought referred to the amount of charge it had, but it's three lights no matter how much it has been charging. It has by the way been charging for several days straight plugged directly into an outlet with its original USB cable. I have tried every thing that has been recommended to me. Nothing works. I can't reset it because it won't turn on, and I have tried updating the Firmware and resetting it via the Bose Updater App on my computer, but that doesn't work either because the website can't detect that I have it plugged in. Nothing works. I am incredibly frustrated and I have contacted every form of customer support, but they always give me similar advice that doesn't ever seem to work. This is my last resort. Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Hector_B

Re: My Bose Soundlink Micro WILL NOT TURN ON

Hi youdingus, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your speaker and appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far.

When you reached out to the team did they suggest the service/repair options for the speaker as the troubleshooting did not resolve this? If not then please do reach back out to our customer support team in your region via the contact us page so that they can explain these options for you. 

If any other community members have an alternate solution for this issue please do post and let @youdingus know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ssvalenzuela
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

I have the same issue, and my soundlink micro is out ot warrently and I don't want to pay another $75 to replace it.  Any other thoughts?  

yangaudi
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

I have the same issue with three lights and not turning on.

Mine is out of warranty as well and they offered me $75 which is still too much for me.

Is there any other solution to fix? It seems a technical glitch caused to so many people.

Daniel_123
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2020

I have exactly the same problem: bought my Bose Soundlink Micro a month ago in the official Bose shop. Used it for the first month and everything seemed fine. Now it doesn't respond and only 3 lights turn on as soon as I connect it, but nothing more. 

I'd like to emphasise that I have not dropped the product nor has it received any kimd of damage since I bought it. The product is simply faulty and I find it disgraceful that a company such as Bose is selling bad quality, incredibly overpriced products with built in obsolescence.

I want a solution to this problem or my money back.

Sam_F

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that each of you have experienced trying to charge your speaker - I'll be happy to advise on some possible troubleshooting to try.

The three LEDs showing at the same time(1st, 3rd, and 5th LED) will indicate a possible charging issue (you may/may not already know about this).

One thing I would advise first is to try using a different USB cable for charging to see if the speaker responds differently.

Also, I'd advise visiting the Bose Updater to push the latest firmware onto the speaker as this may address the issue also.

Regardless, each product purchased from Bose will have a 30-day risk free trial so please do not hesitate to get in touch with customer service to discuss your options to return if the product is not performing as expected.

Contact information can be found by going to Global Contact Us> Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Please let me know how you get on with the troubleshooting!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
yangaudi
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Hi Sam,

Thank you so much! Your suggestion to update the software fixed the problem.

I updated the software as you suggested and the lights changed differently but still didn't work. So I hold the power button more than 10 secs and turn that on and then start to recharge.

It started charge normally and after fully charged, I tested out and now it's working great!

I really couldn't find any answer anywhere that really fix the problem before your answer.

Thank you so much again and happy new year!

Cheers!

Switchingtoskullcandy
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

We have had 2 out of 3 Bose micro sound links fail to respond, charge, or be fixed with system reboot. They were gifts for our teenage kids. I will not be purchasing another at $75! That is an awful costumer service solution. 

Evidently, this is an inherent defect for this product. Bose needs to just refund us and yank the remainders off the market. 

Robinbird
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Mine would not reboot as well. I plugged it into my desktop and downloaded the update. It was not charged at all but it was able to "see" it and began the update process. It just finished and is now charging.

DoubleDann
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

I’ve had mine for 3 years and then had the above issue. Manual update with computer and USB cable worked like a charm. Thank you. This speaker has traveled the world with me...