youdingus
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

My Bose Soundlink Micro WILL NOT TURN ON

I ordered my Bose Soundlink Micro off of Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Up until a couple of days ago, the speaker was working perfectly fine--it's a good product. It was always at 100%. However, the other day I tried to turn it on, but it didn't turn on. I press the power button and nothing happens (no noise / lights whatsoever). When I plug it in to an outlet, three lights turn on, which I thought referred to the amount of charge it had, but it's three lights no matter how much it has been charging. It has by the way been charging for several days straight plugged directly into an outlet with its original USB cable. I have tried every thing that has been recommended to me. Nothing works. I can't reset it because it won't turn on, and I have tried updating the Firmware and resetting it via the Bose Updater App on my computer, but that doesn't work either because the website can't detect that I have it plugged in. Nothing works. I am incredibly frustrated and I have contacted every form of customer support, but they always give me similar advice that doesn't ever seem to work. This is my last resort. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: My Bose Soundlink Micro WILL NOT TURN ON

Hi youdingus, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your speaker and appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far.

When you reached out to the team did they suggest the service/repair options for the speaker as the troubleshooting did not resolve this? If not then please do reach back out to our customer support team in your region via the contact us page so that they can explain these options for you. 

If any other community members have an alternate solution for this issue please do post and let @youdingus know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

ssvalenzuela
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Re: My Bose Soundlink Micro WILL NOT TURN ON

I have the same issue, and my soundlink micro is out ot warrently and I don't want to pay another $75 to replace it.  Any other thoughts?