Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

My Bose home portable speaker wont respond to Alexa anymore.

Iv been using Alexa to give commands fro the past 7months since i got my home portable speaker, recently its decided to not respond at all. The mic is working just fine, because when i use the button, it responds perfectly and can hear me... it just doesn’t listen to the usual “Alexa, please...” command anymore..

I’m literally typing this at 23.45 because its been really annoying me this whole day, trying to search for a solution, as iv really got used to it being part of my everyday, commanding Spotify and my samsung tv.

Plese plaase, if you have a resolution, help me out

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: My Bose home portable speaker wont respond to Alexa anymore.

Hello ClarkeCharming, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with Alexa on your Portable Home Speaker. 

What have you tried already in terms of troubleshooting? e.g, have you tried disconnecting your router from power for a few minutes? Have you tried removing the speaker from your Bose Music account and tried re-adding it? Have you tried removing the Alexa assistant from the app and re-added it? Have you tried removing the speaker from your Alexa app and re-added it? 

I'll look forward to your reply!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

Hey Jeff, 

Yes, i have tried all of the suggested.

I spent most of the night just trying to resolve it in any and every way possible, with no triumph.

I cant find this issue anywhere else either unfortunately.. for now. Iv switch off the speaker and am manually using my phone, but this is also a little frustrating.

Iv hard rest the device too, and had to Uk out my wife all over, but still, its not responding to the call... but everything else works fine.

Any other suggestions?

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming, Clarke, 

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this, that's very unusual. 

Have you tried setting up the system with Google Assistant to see if the same problem occurs with that? Or is it just limited to Alexa? 

Are you using the system in a country that actually supports Alexa or are you using a VPN to access the feature? 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

Hey Jeff, 

Yes, I’m situated in central London, and I dont currently have any accounts with google assistant , so haven’t been able to test it on there and see if its limited to Alexa only.

Maybe ill try this a little later, as I’m still online WFH

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming, Clarke.

I'll look forward to hearing from you with your results! 😊

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

Hey Jeff, 

Apologies for the late response,

I tried this on the google assistant over the weekend and it had the same response unfortunately. So its not just limited to Alexa. When you press the button for the assistant it responds well though.  It’s just not responding to voice activation so to speak.

Highlighted

Hey ClarkeCharming,

Thank you for giving that an extensive try and also testing Google Assistant. It's quite strange how it's not picking up your voice upon request but listens out once you press the VA button. Therefore, the next thing I'd recommend trying is a reboot of your WiFi router and Bose system by disconnecting them from power for two minutes.

Afterward, test Alexa or GA and let me know if things have improved or not!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 9, 2020

Iv actually tried all that your asking. It’s a little frustrating now.

Lookign at something difffent fro Black Friday now

Highlighted

If you've tried all troubleshooting posted in the thread and are noticing no improvement, I do apologize. One last thing to try would be an entire factory reset on your system, to help all default settings are reinstated. This should bring normal behavior back to voice activation.

To do this, try the following:

1. Open the Amazon Alexa app and view the list of smart devices associated with your Amazon account
  2. From the list, remove any instances of the Bose product you want to reset
  3. If you do not plan to use other Bose product with your Amazon account after the reset, view the installed Skills in the Alexa app and remove the Bose skill
  4. Open the Bose Music app and remove Alexa from your Bose account.
  5. Then, remove the Google Assistant from your Bose account.
  6. Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  7. Connect the speaker to power. If pulsing white lights appear in the light ring, wait for the pulsing to stop before proceeding
  8. Simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth® and Volume + buttons for ten seconds until the light ring is filled with white light.

If you still do not notice any change, please reach out to local support to look further into the available service options, so your issue can be resolved. Let me know if you have any queries regarding this.