Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

My SoundLink Color bluetooth speaker is not charging

Hi My Soundlink Color speaker will not turn on or charge.  I went through the process of updating the software then plugged it into a power source, but the speaker is still not charging.  What's the next step?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: My SoundLink Color bluetooth speaker is not charging

Hello cbyancey, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Color. 

If you haven't already, please try using an alternative charger to see if this helps to resolve the issue. 

If the issue persists, please reach out to local support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

I too am having this problem all of a sudden. My speaker ran out of charge completely and shut down. Then when I tried to start charging it, it didn’t respond at all. I tried different charging cords with no success. Any suggestions please?

Highlighted

Hello @RebWoll

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with your SoundLink Color. 

Let's try and use a few different power outlets to see if you experience the same issue. I would also suggest that you update the software as cbyancey did. 

To do this simply, connect the speaker to a PC via the USB charging cable, then heading to our online updater and following the on-screen instructions.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2020

Hi, 

I am having this problem too. I tried everything. When I tried to plug it into my computer it didn't even recognize the speaker. 

Highlighted

Hi Frankiem6, Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting has not resolved your issue. 

I would recommend reaching out to our team for further assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help! 

Let me know how it goes!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Just checking in to say I managed to get my speaker charged and working. Thanks for the suggestions! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

Hi, can you please tell me how did you resolve your issue. I too have this same problem. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

I occasionally have  the same issue with not charging. I have tried different USB cables. I have run the updater. I have done the reset using the aux button.

I have it connected to my PC and I can tell the USB is registered to the PC as the PC beeps when the speaker is plugged in. The speaker gives a "low high" beep and the yellow battery charging icon flashes on the speaker, then it gives a "high low" beep, the battery icon stops flashing and the PC gives a tone like USB was disconnected.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2020

I have found that if I connect my speaker to my PC, if I then launch the Bose updater, it will query my speaker (find that firmware is up to date - v1.1.5) and then start to charge.

Since I have to do this every time to charge my speaker (and it works every time), it seems that is something that Bose can fix, but over the years simply haven't bothered. I haven't had a response to my post from a week ago, I don't expect one to this one either.