thepetproject
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

No audio Soundlink Color 2

Soundlink Color 2 has no audio.  It was working.  I played around with it, now no sound.  I read if you are in input mode and hit multifunction it will mute speaker.  No information on how to unmute.  

Thank you 

Vicki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L

Re: No audio Soundlink Color 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by thepetproject

Hi thepetproject!

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!

If you have managed to mute the speaker, you should just be able to bring back the volume by increasing the levels using the buttons on the speaker. You may want to use the volume controls on the device you have connected as well in case that is turned down as well.

If increasing the volume does not bring the sound back, the next thing to do would be a reset of the speaker. To do this, simply turn on the speaker and press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light blinks blue and you hear a voice prompt.

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Keith_L

Author Accepted Answer selected by thepetproject

Hi thepetproject!

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!

If you have managed to mute the speaker, you should just be able to bring back the volume by increasing the levels using the buttons on the speaker. You may want to use the volume controls on the device you have connected as well in case that is turned down as well.

If increasing the volume does not bring the sound back, the next thing to do would be a reset of the speaker. To do this, simply turn on the speaker and press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light blinks blue and you hear a voice prompt.

Let me know how this goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

thepetproject
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

I already tried all those things and there is still no volume.  Unfortunately, I passed my return date. 

Tegan_M

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Can you let us know what troubleshooting you have already attempted to we do not re-advise you?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
thepetproject
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

I have, turned power on and off, used the volume up and down buttons, tried with my phone and tv (they are paired), have reset to factory setting.  It happened in the first 10 minutes I used it, the music does play. 

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this. 

Lets update the firmware of your speaker. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

I would also suggest in rebooting your connected mobile device. 

Let us know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
cwc3
Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I ran into the same problem with Soundlink Color and Soundlink Color II. The problem occured whene the speakers were running on battery and strangely enough, the problem was solved when I plugged them in. Try operating them with external power

frey
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2020

Re: No audio Soundlink Color 2 solved updating firmware

speaker would connect on bluetooth, but audio would not play . I fixed by updating firmware through bose website and downloading dmg software on macbook pro. I connected the bose speaker with a usb cable to macbook pro and then downloaded software (firmware upgrade) ran it and after 10 minutes it installed and re started by itself. Works like a charm with iphone max sx and macbook pro.

Thanks Bose.

Francis_G
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

Bose product name

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds, NC700, Portable Home Speaker, etc.)

Country

Bose soundlink color II

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

bose connect 15.0

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

iphone 8, ipad, macbook air

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Won’t play music but can hear the sync voice

Where do you run into the issue?

All the time

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Since last soundlink color II update

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Reset the device (by holding the power buton for 10 sec)