Australia

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

TV Model Linden Audio Bose Soundlink Mobile 2

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have 42 inch TV and used the stereo ports ( red and white) at back of TV to connect with the auxiliary port in the Soundlink using the 3.5m audio cable. Unfortunately no sound comes from the Soundlink. I am trying to use the Soundlink like a Sound bar. I have tried pulling out the cable and reinserting it, putting TV and Soundlink off and on but to no avail. 
The other ports on TV are the antenna , HDMI arc, HDMI, USB, optical audio, antenna, headphones, y, Pb, Pr , VGA. 

Where do you run into the issue?

I thought it was a straightforward connection using the cable from TV to Soundlink but the sound from TV does not play through the Soundlink and that is the issue. 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It is a new connection and I was wanting to put my Soundlink to better use with our second TV. The TV sound continues to play even when Soundlink is connected. So essentially it is not working 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

- Soundlink works ok with iPhone via both Bluetooth and audio cable 

- TV sound is working 

- when Soundlink connected via audio cable to TV with auxiliary light on in Soundlink no sound

- Took cable wires in, out and in several times ; turned TV/Soundlink off and on many times with no luck 

Really don’t know why it’s not playing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: No sound coming from TV in Soundlink

Author Accepted Answer selected by Shesan

Are you sure it's an output and not an input? 

I haven't seen too many TVs with HDMI(arc) that still have RCA (Stereo) outputs.  From your post the TV does have headphone out, so you may be better just using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from that instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: No sound coming from TV in Soundlink

Author Accepted Answer selected by Shesan

Are you sure it's an output and not an input? 

I haven't seen too many TVs with HDMI(arc) that still have RCA (Stereo) outputs.  From your post the TV does have headphone out, so you may be better just using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from that instead.

View solution in original post