Highlighted
Kidrome
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Notifications

I’ve had this speaker for a few months now and it works. Although when I updated to iOS 13 / 13.1, I haven’t been able to hear my notifications through the speaker. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Notifications

Hello Kidrome,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your SoundLink Micro, I am more than happy to help you out with this today. There are a few troubleshooting steps that you can do to try to help with this, like a product reset and pushing a manual update. 

To restore the factory default settings (Note: This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state):

1. Power on your product
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light glows blue and you hear a voice prompt to select a language.

To install a Bose system update, follow these steps (Note: A USB-A to USB-micro B cable is required for this update):

1. Be sure the computer has internet connectivity, and that you're running a compatible operating system and web browser.
  2. Navigate to the Bose Bluetooth Device Updater page at btu.bose.com and select your product
  3. Click "Accept and Continue" to accept the terms of the Bose Updater
  4. Click "Download" to download the updater
  5. Once downloaded, open the file to install the updater, then connect the headphones to your computer via USB
  6. If an update is available, click "Apply Changes" to download the latest software. You can also click "Learn More" to find out about what improvements the update contains
  7. Once the system has been successfully updated, disconnect the headphones from the computer

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Kidrome
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

It did not work, to let the notifications play their chimes. I notified that when I’m in the phone, I can then hear everything, from the sound of my phone closing to the clicks of my typing on the keyboard. It does seems that it last worked on iOS 12.4.2. 

is it possible to know if you guys will be patching or coming out with an update for iOS 13.1 and so on? Idk if my issue is isolated but it’s been several days / weeks like this.

Hello Kidrome, 

Thanks for updating us. 

I am sorry that the steps did not work for you. 

I am unable to advise when a firmware update is coming, but I can assure you that I will flag this as an issue with the development team. To do this, I will need some information from yourself, I will send you a private message to gain this information. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W