Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Pairing Speakers in PARTY MODE windows 10

Hello Dray,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about your experience. This issue has indeed been reported to our Development team. I do not have any information about a timeline for a fix, however when we have more information to share we will do so here. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback and participating in the Community.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

I've recently bought two soundlink micro. I was skeptical about Bose because it always seemed to me like all of their products were overpriced. I try my soundlink micro and still think the same but I'm happy with the product until I come home and try to connect them both to my windows 10 laptop. I've wasted 2 hours trying everything that's on this thread and other online guides but nothing worked. I bought these speakers because I wanted something easy and quick to connect to all of my devices while traveling so I could listen to some music from my phone or watching a movie on my laptop with little effort and switching device in a minute or so. Bose has been aware of the issue for almost a year and hasn't come up with a fix. This is really a shame and I'm never going to buy a Bose product again in my life
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Same exact issue here as everyone in this thread and the other threads circulating on these support forums. I can't believe that BOSE still hasn't fixed this issue after all of this time. I just purchased my second speaker to have stereo pairing and it simply doesn't work. It's not like this is a niche market here... stereo pairing simply doesn't work on Windows 10 machines properly. Unbelievable.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I have a dell precision laptop with windows 7/64.  Pairing with windows is quite tricky and will not work on every single PC with all the different bluetooth solutions.  I can see why Bose doesn't test them - just too many.  I am not excusing them though.  I purchased my two Revolve's with the knowledge that they market them for smartphones and not Windows machines.  I doubted I would get much help from Bose and that I will need help from elsewhere.  I got Dell involved but they could not be of much help either.  We tried uninstalling bluetooth drivers and replacing them with both newer and older ones - no help.  We identified at least conflicting windows updates that Intel said would conflict - we even uninstalled windows updates back two years.  Nope.   I could not get any of my Bose devices to work with the Intel chipset on my Dell.  Then someone else here said they also had problems with Intel.  Finally, I gave up and disabled the Intel bluetooth.  Wasn't worth spending any more time especially since I alreay had a Bluetooth solution on my Dell desktop which worked.  So for about $12 on eBay, I purchased an SMK Nano dongle with the CSR drivers.  Now everything runs on my laptop perfectly.  Be aware that not all USB dongle solutions will necessarily work with the Bose devices.  I can merely tell you that SMK worked on my Dell laptop and Dell desktop.

As far as party mode.  I generally do not have issues with my iPhone, just my Windows laptop. That has been a love hate thing.  Works for long periods of time and then for some reason it won't party.  I am really tired of troubleshooting as I did yesterday.  In the case of yesterday, I removed the pairing on the laptop and then factory reset both Revolve's and paired just one.  Then party mode seemed to work fine again.  (But others here have said they have done that with no success - ouch).  I am still quite suspicious of party mode on my laptop and since it is a business machine and I need to demo my product (I am a film composer) with it, I have purchased a stereo splitter (which is different from a party splitter) and I wire each Revolve to it in AUX mode and plug the splitter into the stereo mini jack of the laptop.  That will always work and serves as my backup.   No fun troubleshooting in front of a customer/client.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

This really seems to be a Windows 10 Problem.

I get the same errors when trying to connect two JBL Speakers via Connect+. Works fine on Android, however, the following behaviour occurs on Windows:

Step 1: Start Speakers and connect one via Bluetooth to Windows 10.
Result 1: Windows shows "Voice, music connected" in Bluetooth settings, Device Manager shows "JBL Flip 4 Stereo" and "JBL Flip 4 Hands-free" in "Audio, Video and Gamecontroller" as well as "Speaker (JBL Flip 4 Stereo)" and "Speaker/Headset (JBL Flip 4 Hands-free)" in "Audio Inputs/Outputs".

Step 2: Activate Connect+ feature on connected speaker.

Result 2: Device "Speaker (JBL Flip 4 Stereo)" gets disconnected. However, Bluetooth connection is still running and "Speaker/Headset (JBL Flip 4 Hands-free)" is still available.

So I think this might be a general Windows 10/Bluetooth issue, just like the volume control issue. So far, like Bose, JBL also didn't provide a solution, however, I fear that firmware updates won't be the solution here, but rather changes in windows.

I also tried a CSR 2.0 Bluetooth transmitter instead of the onboard Intel adapter, but this shows the same behaviour. Will try CSR 4 now, we will see...

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Again, there are three vendors that are part of this equation - Bose, Microsoft (Windows), and your Bluetooth vendor (who supplies the hardware and the drivers).  With all due respect, it really is not a Microsoft or Windows issue - they are merely the operating system which facilitates the processes used by the Bluetooth device drivers.  Unless Microsoft Windows is interfering with the Bluetooth processes, it can be ruled out.  To do that, you can uninstall windows updates a year or so and see if that makes a difference.  If not, the only way to claim Microsoft involvement is something still in basic Windows 7 or 10 that is still interfering.  I would concentrate on one of the two 'ends'.  We can ask Bose to look into it but their position has always been (1) their main market it not laptops and desktops but rather smart devices and tables (and TVs) and (2) there are too many bluetooth vendor implementations and they are not going to be able to test everything.  So getting help from the Bose end is unlikely.  The other end is the Bluetooth vendor.  I would say that all is hopeless if both ends did not understand and appropriately implement the Bluetooth (BT) 4.x standard (which at this point is what I believe all the Bose BT products implement).  We could say the BT PC vendors have implemented the BT standard differently from Bose if they all failed to work.  Thing is, some work.  I started with Intel on my PC which didn't even get off ground zero - wouldn't even discover the Revolve's or any other Bose device to 'add device'/pair.  So I gave up with it and disabled it and purchased for $12 on ebay a SMK Nano Dongle with CSR Drivers.  For me those work - can't say what they will do for you.  They don't work all the time but at least I can generally get part and stereo mode working with the revolve buttons.  Unfortunately in my case, these are business machines and speakers and the last thing I want is to be troubleshooting in front of a client.  So when I need to demo the films I have scored with the Revolve's for the time being, I am connecting a stereo splitter (not all are stereo but put out the same signal on both ends) with two wires connected each to the revolve's in AUX mode.  I just can't currently risk it.  On the other hand, when I demo music or films on my iphone 7+, I do use party/stereo mode wirelessly.

So you can

1. Just find a BT hardware solution like I did which works for your PC

2. Work wired/AUX like I do (though sometimes it works 🙂 )

3. Return or sell your revolve's.

I am guessing imho, that when bose finally comes out with BT 5.0 compliant speaker devices, there is a better chance those will work better (assuming our PCs also have BT 5.0 compliant hardware).  Shame but reality..... 🙂

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Thank all of you (except Bose) who are trying to resolve this.  Regardless of the techical solution, I am upset because I purchased these for a Windows 10 Laptop with NO mention of the fact in Bose literature or the salesman who sold me them that this was an issue.  I am not even sure he knew.  However the packaging should have indicated it was not compatible.  Bose is irresponsible on this issue.  Shameful.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I don't work for Bose.  The thing is, Bose imho does not know if it is compatible or not.  They have said here through the moderators that there is no way for them to test every windows os and every laptop, desktop, and tablet.  So they are really depending on the bluetooth industry standard for compatibility.  However, either vendors are loose with the standard or the standard does not guarantee compatibility.  Bottom line is some system are and some are not.

Now why they don't say something?  First as far as packaging - not sure whether we really expected them to say 'sometimes'.  Their lawyers probably didn't think that was a good idea.  Tech products are not governed imho like drugs.  They are not required to convey all the possible problems and issues and mea culpa if you expect a saleman who get near the bottom of the minimum wage scale to actually be technically trained and knowledgable in the details of all the Bose products.  About the only ones who I have found really know their products are the reps in the Apple store.

I get you are disappointed.  I have quite a few Bose products and issues myself.  I just don't make my expectations too high.  THe Bose market is predominantly mobile.  They really don't test for or sell into the windows or mac markets.  That is 'secondary'.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

Hi there,

I seem to have the same issue. Hasn´t a solution been found yet? Its a premium peice of equipment (both revolve bose speakers) which I bought to use with my windows (10) PC mostly

Thank you,

khooray

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello kh00ray! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience. This incompatibility been reported to our Development team. I do not have any information about a timeline for a solution, however when we have more information to share we will do so here. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support