Ovidiu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 13, 2019

Re: Pairing Speakers in PARTY MODE windows 10

Hello
I bought 2 x Revolve +, and I can not pair them under windows. Please help. Thank you

Hi Ovidiu, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Please can you confirm which troubleshooting methods from this thread have you already attempted? 

Thanks,

Hector B 

nirajsinha
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Same problem 

Canno pair two speakers to work together

Can pair each speaker individally and have sound play through either but never both simultaneously. 

Disappointed

Tried all the solutions that were listed in htis thread. 

No problem pairing both to my iPhone just with my Windows 10 Laptop

Very disappointed

Hi Nirajsinha, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

What speakers are you attempting to pair together for party mode? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Dabbyjoos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Posting an update for others who are subscribed to this thread. I updated Windows 10 yesterday and the pairing seems to work now (I really hope I didn't just jinx myself). The exact version of Windows I'm on is: 

image.png

It's nice to see this working after so long. I'm still disappointed that it took this long and that I wasn't informed it wouldn't work at the time I purchased the speakers, but I'll just let that go. Assuming MS filled some gap here (still think Bose could have worked around it even if that was the case). Regardless, to credit Bose, these speakers sound amazing in stereo mode. Hopefully you all experience the same. Let me know if this works for you as well and is consistent.

Edit: Something I'm seeing is that once you pair the speakers, you'll need to do a volume up from your PC in order for the audio to start.

stevenascott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

So are you just pairing two devices simultaneously, regardless of speaker type, versus a true paring between the speakers? At the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter, but that's likely the gap MS filled. Like how Android can pair two random speakers.

Dabbyjoos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

No, I am pairing two identical Bose SoundLink speakers in stereo mode on Windows 10. It hasn't worked until now.

stevenascott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

What's interesting is I was able to get this to work after fiddling with the order of operations on my Lenovo X1 6th gen, but I get the old results on my Surface Pro 4. 

Here's how it works on the X1:

- Pair single speaker to laptop. Connect.

- On same speaker, push BT+VOL_UP.

- On right-channel speaker, push BT+VOL_DOWN.

- Push BT+VOL_UP to get into stereo mode. First speaker seems to always be left-channel.

- Most of the time, the laptop stays connected to the left-channel the whole time, I can watch movies, etc. There's a MASSIVE audio delay, so this feature is completely useless on any video content unless you can control the lip-sync, like when I use Plex.

On the SP4, and previous generations of X1:

- Watch as the left-channel speaker disconnects the main autio BT profile, and leaves only the 'headset' connected. This obviously does us no good, as that sounds like crap.

stevenascott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

I actually did finally get it working on the SP4 with the following PITA sequence:

- Watch as the left-channel speaker disconnects the main autio BT profile, and leaves only the 'headset' or 'voice' profiles connected. 

- Toggle stereo mode a few times, and you may get lucky and the laptop stays connected to the left-channel speaker.

Highlighted
Dabbyjoos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

@stevenascott wrote:

There's a MASSIVE audio delay, so this feature is completely useless on any video content unless you can control the lip-sync

Yep, same experience here. Even if it works for audio, for video, it is virtually unusable because of sync issues.