Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Pairing

I paired my Bose SoundLink speaker to my laptop and now it won't work with my desktop.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

frameofmind

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Pairing

Hello framofmind, 

Thanks for posting. 

When pairing your speaker to a new device, it will automatically pair back to that same device the next time you use it if it is nearby. 

Which SoundLink speaker are you using? 

I'll look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Thank you so much for your quick response.
In an attempt to remedy the problem I uninstalled the Bose SoundLinkII but couldn't re-install it. Then I tried System Restore but the response I get from my desktop is
"A connection attempt has failed. Make sure that device is turned on."
So far the speaker works with my laptop but I'd like to have it back on my desktop too.

Thanks for your reply. 

I would recommend pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on the speaker for around 10 seconds or until you hear a 'bleep-bloop' sound. 

Is your desktop a Mac or PC? 

If it's a Mac, go to Apple (top left corner) > System Preferences > Bluetooth > locate the speaker on the list, then remove the speaker. 

On a PC, go to Start > Settings > Devices > Locate the speaker under the AUDIO section. Click on it, then click Remove device

From there you can pair the speaker once again. The speaker should be in pairing mode (there will be a blue pulsing LED on the speaker.) If not, power the speaker on, press and hold the Bluetooth button till the LED goes blue. 

The settings screens you were previously on will have the option to:

PC - "Add Bluetooth or other device"

Mac - The speaker will just appear on the list as an available device. Click Connect. 

Give this a try and please let me know how you get on! 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

I tried twice to add the speaker back and each time got the response,"Adding device failed, resulting in unknown error code 0x80004005. Contact device manufacturer.".
Should I do another system restore so the computer shows in my Device and Printer section?
Thanks for your help.
P.S.-I somehow also lost my Google browser.

Highlighted

Hi frameofmind,

Thank you for the update!

Interestingly the error message you are seeing The "0x80004005" error is usually something on the computer working incorrectly.

I have found THIS THREAD on the windows support forums that have some steps to resolve this. They seem to have found this was an issue with the Bluetooth name on their computer causing the error.

I have also seen some other threads that have found this error to be with the Bluetooth drivers on their computer, so it would definitely be a good idea to reach out to the manufacturer of your desktop and install the latest Bluetooth drivers for it.

I hope this helps. Let me know if this does the trick for you as well!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Thank you so very much for throwing me this lifeline.

I will follow the thread and see what happens.

frameofmind

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

YES! 

My Bose speaker is working just fine now.😊

Thanks for your help.

frameofmind12