Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Portabe Home turns off every 5 hrs

After about 5 hours of listening to TuneIn, my Bose Portabe Home turns off !! I can only turn it on by pressing play / pause for 10 seconds. That's a soft reset? Is it a software problem or a hardware error? This happens every day, speaker is 4 weeks old? DOA?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Portabe Home turns off every 5 hrs

Hey @Jeuvie,

That sounds very unusual! Does it consistently turn off at the 5-hour mark every time? Are you listening to the same TuneIn station for 5 hours when this happens, or are you switching being other audio sources? Also, are you connected via Bluetooth or WiFi for audio?

I'm pleased that you've found adequate troubleshooting so far, sorry that hasn't cleared the problem.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to describe about the issue.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

I don't constantly listen to the same radio station. I am connected via Wifi 2.4Ghz. This morning it went out to 6 hours of listening, this evening to 4 hours of listening.
Highlighted

For testing purposes, would you be able to monitor this and then next time it happens, open the Bose Music app and let us know if there are any error messages at all?

This isn't something I've heard of before so it's essential to gather as much detail as possible. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Hi Charlotte, thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately no error message to be seen. The speaker can still be seen in the app, but does not respond to anything. When it fails you will hear a click, power interference ...oslt.
Highlighted

Thank you for coming back to us! 

Are you able to turn the speaker back on immediately after it turned off? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Unfortunately not. I have to press the play / pause for 10 seconds, then it only responds again. PS: The light has blinked 4x orange.

Highlighted

That's a key piece of information @Jeuvie - thanks for clarifying.

Does the speaker always blink 4x orange when you notice these cut-outs? This pattern is the speaker indicating there has been a music service error, and to refer to the Bose Music app.

If you're noticing this happen every time, there may be an issue with connection stability or the music service you're listening to.

Out of curiosity, how far from your WiFi router do you have your speaker placed?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2018

Spoiler

I saw the orange light once. Wifi is excellent with my Deco in the same room. I will bring the device back and ask for a new one. I conclude from everyone's thread that it is not software related.