Tee89
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Portable Home Speaker Airplay Issue

I finally got my Portable Home Speaker after a long delay, but I can't get my device to stream with Airplay. I've restarted my phone and my router. Deleted and reinstalled the Bose app. Factory reset the speaker numerous times. I still can't get it to work. I have no problem streaming over bluetooth. The first speaker that was shipped out to me worked perfectly with airplay and bluetooth, unfortunately I had to send it back because it arrived with a scratch. I'm beginning to think this is more so related to this particular device rather than problems with my WiFi. I'm getting super frustrated trying to figure this out. 😖

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Portable Home Speaker Airplay Issue

Hi Tee89, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having AirPlay issues with your speaker and would love to assist you further. 

I would firstly recommend that you perform a standard reset on the Portable HomeSpeaker via pressing and holding the Play/Pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display pulsing white light on top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to a Wi-Fi network. I would also recommend that you toggle the Wi-Fi setting on your device to reboot the connection, as well as rebooting the device. 

If you have another device that you can attempt the AirPlay connection on please do this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you on the result of this. If anyone else is having issues with Airplay on the Portable Home Speaker please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Vikram raj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Same problem I am facing Airplay 2 is not working with my device, can you guide me how to toggle my WiFi settings on my device

Hello Vikram raj,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been unsuccessful in using AirPlay 2 with your Portable Home Speaker. 

Could you please confirm if you have a dual-band router? (2.4G and 5G bands)

Additionally, have you been able to connect your speaker to your Wi-Fi network for using it with the Bose Music app for the music services?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Vikram raj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Yes I have high speed internet and dual band router initially I am able to use airplay2 in all device to connect the portable Home Speaker and my speaker connected to WiFi also and I am using Bose music app but in my location amazon prime music is there but in Bose music app it’s showing Amazon music is continually working to support more countries and platforms stay tuned for more information regarding availability in your country [009] [C10001] and i have used airplay 2 in amazon music application 

Hello Vikram, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I would like to test a few things to start with. First, we need to ensure that you have both the speaker and the phone on the same band of Wifi. So we will need both to be on either 2.4g or 5g. We want to make sure of this as AirPlay will not work unless the two are on the same bands. 

After that, if you are still having issues I would like to test the internet connectivity of the speaker. Please can you try and use a service such as Spotify and see if this works? 

I very much look forward to your response. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

ErnestCh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Hi, same problem here. Ive tried all things to make it work and airplay doesn't connect with my iphone. I have another devices that support airplay and the bose portable home speaker is the only one with the "unable to connect" error message. 

Tee89
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Bose ended up having to send me a new speaker 

ErnestCh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Did it work?

Kyle Ma
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Hi

I think I have the same issue, everything is good, just the airplay each time shows cannot connect 

I got a new one today, and still have the issues.

Don't know why?

I have two apple tvs and they both work in airplay.