(7.0.10-2728+7dac32d)

App Version

(4.1.1)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9+ on Android 10, kernel version 4.9.118-19869059
Security patch level: 1 Nov 2020;

iPad)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Hi, I'm in the UK, using Portable Smart Speaker with the latest firmware (25 Nov 2020), linked my Spotify both with Bose app and the Amazon Alexa app. Made sure Spotify is my default music streaming service. The Alexa app does say the device is online. Now, whenever I try to talk to the speaker and command to play anything, the speaker says he found Spotify but then it fails to find the device saying:  "Here is Spotify. The device is offline."
Not to mention that the Google Assistant isn't working at all! I can't even get the Bose app to set it up.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Portable Smart Speaker not working with Spotify and Alexa or Google Assistant

Hi Alfardbeg,

Welcome to the community, sorry that you are facing some difficulty with your voice assistant. 

Firstly, it is not possible to enable both Alexa and Google Assistant to your product. 

We have been informed that Amazon had been facing difficulties with Alexa, this should now be resolved. If you are still facing these issues, we would love to run over some troubleshooting with you. 

Firstly, I would take a look at this link and perform these relevant troubleshooting steps. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!