Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Portable home speaker and alexa now not working

Alex has suddenly stopped working. When using the voice command the outer ring flashes amber 4 times. I have done a full reboot and reinstall following this post I found. I would be grateful for some help.

Re: Alexa doesn’t control Home Speaker 500

Thank you for providing that for us Adam.

It does sound like you are setting Alexa up correctly on the apps, but there are a couple of extra steps that would be worth trying while disabling the skill, before we set it  back up. We'll do this with just the HomeSpeaker first to check.

1. Remove Alexa from the 'Voice Assistant' section of the Bose Music app.
  2. Remove the HomeSpeaker from your Bose Music account - Go to the 'My Bose' page -> Account settings (Icon in the top right) -> Manage Products -> Edit -> then select your Homespeaker -> Delete.
  3. Disable the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill in the Alexa app
  4. On the Alexa app navigate to Settings -> Device Settings -> select the Bose device -> under 'General' select the option to 'Deregister Device'
  5. Factory default the HomeSpeaker 500 by pressing and holding the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds
  6. The HomeSpeaker will reboot into setup mode and will need to be reconnected through the Bose Music app
  7. Connect your Alexa account back to your Bose Music account in the Bose Music app and Alexa App with the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill

By doing this we'll completely refresh the connection to Alexa and your device.

Let us know how you get on with that.

All the best.

Keith_L 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Portable home speaker and alexa now not working

French Navy, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Portable Home Speaker and Alexa. 

Before we move forward with further troubleshooting, can you kindly confirm the country you are in and are you using a VPN? 

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Thank you for your response.

I’m in the UK with no VPN

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming. 

When you set Alexa up, did you go through setup on both the Bose Music app and on the Amazon Alexa app? You need to make sure you remove the speaker from the Alexa app before setting the speaker up. 

You can find instructions for settings up Alexa here.

I hope this helps! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

That’s worked a treat. Many thanks for your help.

Highlighted

That's great news! 

Thanks for updating me. 😊