Portable home speaker and alexa now not working
Alex has suddenly stopped working. When using the voice command the outer ring flashes amber 4 times. I have done a full reboot and reinstall following this post I found. I would be grateful for some help.
Thank you for providing that for us Adam.
It does sound like you are setting Alexa up correctly on the apps, but there are a couple of extra steps that would be worth trying while disabling the skill, before we set it back up. We'll do this with just the HomeSpeaker first to check.
- Remove Alexa from the 'Voice Assistant' section of the Bose Music app.
- Remove the HomeSpeaker from your Bose Music account - Go to the 'My Bose' page -> Account settings (Icon in the top right) -> Manage Products -> Edit -> then select your Homespeaker -> Delete.
- Disable the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill in the Alexa app
- On the Alexa app navigate to Settings -> Device Settings -> select the Bose device -> under 'General' select the option to 'Deregister Device'
- Factory default the HomeSpeaker 500 by pressing and holding the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds
- The HomeSpeaker will reboot into setup mode and will need to be reconnected through the Bose Music app
- Connect your Alexa account back to your Bose Music account in the Bose Music app and Alexa App with the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill
By doing this we'll completely refresh the connection to Alexa and your device.
Let us know how you get on with that.
All the best.