Stephan Chung
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Portable home speaker has problems with the bluetooth connection

Hi,

I just bought the portable home speaker and downloaded the bose music app and connected with my Android smart phone and my laptop. (All settings are complete)

The problems is while hearing the music(of course connected by Bluetooth), music sometimes disconnects for a second and plays again. And it really is annoying.

The symptom is being found in both smart phone and laptop. So I don't think it my s.phone or laptop problem.

Please advise to resolve this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Portable home speaker has problems with the bluetooth connection

Hello Stephan Chung, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Let's see if we can get this resolved for you. I would like to confirm a few things with you so that we can isolate the issue. 

• When playing music via the Bose Music app, do you have this issue? 
  • Is this issue with all audio streams, or just specific ones? 
  • Where is the speaker when this is happening?

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Stephan Chung
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi Vicky,

Here is my reply :

• When playing music via the Bose Music app, do you have this issue? 
  • -> Yes this occurs in playing via music app. But it also happens without the music app.
  • -> I have tried without the music app (only with bluetooth connection) and same issue occurs.
  • Is this issue with all audio streams, or just specific ones? 
  • -> Not only the audio streams but my own music which i have downloded in my laptop&Phone.
  • Where is the speaker when this is happening?
  • -> While listening the music, I put the speaker no further then 2meters with the devices.

Highlighted

Hello Stephan Chung,

Thank you for getting back to us and answering these questions.

I would like to recommend a few steps to see if we can resolve this connection issue. To begin, could you please perform a reset on the speaker. This can be done by following holding the Play/Pause button for 10 seconds. The light ring will display pulsing white light on top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to a Wi-Fi network. 

In addition, please could you clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the speaker. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for ten seconds until the light ring is filled with white light. Once the pairing list is cleared, the top and bottom of the light ring glows blue indicating it is ready to be paired with another Bluetooth device. Then, on any previously connected Bluetooth device, delete the entry of the speaker. Now re-connect.

Please let me know if the same behavior is exhibited.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Stephan Chung
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Already proceeded all the process below you suggested.

But same issue occurs.

Highlighted

Hello Stephan Chung,

Sorry to hear that. I would, therefore, recommend that you restore the factory default settings on your speaker. 

If the issue occurs, then I would have to recommend reaching out to our customer support team via the phone to explore the next options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G