Adrian261
Participant
Registered since

Jan 26, 2021

Portable home speaker won’t connect to anything

After working fine for several days my speaker lost connection to the internet 

I now can’t get it to connect to anything.

I’ve tried the factory reset which has removed it from my various devices but it now cannot locate any devices at all.

I’m running the app on an iPhone and an iPad and it can’t find either of them either through Bluetooth or WiFi

any ideas - thanks

Bose product name

Portable home speaker

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Where do you run into the issue?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Portable home speaker won’t connect to anything

Hi Adrian261,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

If you have factory reset your speaker, you will need to reconnect it to the internet and your other devices starting from the beginning as all previous connections to the speaker will have been forgotten. I'd recommend starting by getting it reconnected to the internet and the Bose Music app first by following the steps shown HERE

When you are trying to reconnect to your devices via Bluetooth, you will also need to forget the speaker from the Bluetooth device list on your iPhone and iPad if the speaker is still on the list. If you have any previous connections, the iPad and iPhone will be looking for a previous pairing to the speaker rather than establishing a new one.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!