Thaivo
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2021

Portable home speaker

Portable home speaker use to listen 50% volume around 3 hours finish battery.It is normal or have problem.Please help me because i live in Vietnam don't understand it how working , my email: thaivo85@yahoo.com

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: Portable home speaker

Hey Thaivo,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing short battery life on your Portable Home Speaker, but I'd be happy to help.

Firstly, are you charging the speaker using the provided charging cable, with 5 VDC, 3 A input power? One full charge should provide 12 hours of active use, and up to 24 hours in standby mode. Have you ever received this? 

I'd recommend trying a product reset and trying a different power socket/outlet or charging cable, to see if you notice an improvement. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
veenstje
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2021

I can also confirm poor battery life with the Bose Portable Smart Speaker. After full charge, the battery will only last 2.5-3 hours at 75% volume with bluetooth input from phone directly next to speaker. Product factory reset did not make a difference.

Country

USA

Firmware Version

7.0.11-2911+5925747

App Version

vaibhavgulati
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2021

Hi,

I have the same problem of Portable Home Speaker battery draining very quickly. I play it at 30% of max volume but still the problem isn't resolved. I am not connected to wifi. Even on standby mode, the battery gets discharged very quickly. 

I am not sure if my warranty is still intact. I have raised a complaint on the local support e-mail ID today. Waiting to hear back from them. 

This seems to be an issue that various people have expressed in this forum. Please confirm the fix for this.

-edited by a moderator

vaibhavgulati
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2021

Would request the Bose team to kindly confirm how can this be resolved. Having spent a significant amount of money on the product, would request that this be solved.

Jessie_O

This is certainly very strange behavior. 

Are you running the most recent firmware? You can update the firmware by following the instructions HERE. This should help with your battery issues. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
veenstje
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2021

*Update: My speaker died this afternoon and is totally unresponsive despite all revival attempts. Sending in for repair.