QC35II Headphones

Country

Australia

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPhone 7 iOS 14.3

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Volume up/down and multi-function button launches Siri, does not play-pause or adjust volume.

Where do you run into the issue?

When I press buttons

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

After Bose software update

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Repaired device to iPhone.

Ensured device is not paired to any other devices.

3 REPLIES 3
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 II Volume and multi-function buttons activate Siri

@thassos1(I do not work for Bose)

My vol and action button (between up and down) all seem to work fine when I play audio - I can pause and change the volume.

I don't see anything in the Bose app that controls siri.  Now I have an iphone 12pro with iOS 14.3.  As far as I know, the only way to get Siri is to hold down the action button until you here a beep and then siri appears in a color ball at the bottom of the screen.  At that point the audio stops until siri goes away.

Let us know if you are playing music (and with which app - I play music from my iphone with Ecoute) and if you tap quickly on the action button and still get siri.  A quick tap should invoke pause if you are playing and play if you are paused.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Hi, Thanks for your reply, it happens when playing music in Apple Music App or in Podcast App.

To be more specific:

Single short press

Play/Pause button - Doesn't do anything

Volume Down button - Launches Siri (volume doesn't adjust)

Volume Up button - Launches Siri (volume doesn't adjust)

Long press

Play/Pause button - Doesn't do anything

Volume Down button - Doesn't do anything

Volume Up button - Doesn't do anything

Its really strange and quite annoying! I'm sure it must be a setting somewhere but I can't find anything.

Hi Thassos,

It's really weird that short presses on the volume buttons are launching Siri, but a long press on the multi-function button does not, as pressing and holding the multi-function buttons should be how you activate Siri on your phone.

As you mentioned that the volume control launches Siri when you are using Apple Music or the Podcast App, does it also happen with any other apps on your phone? Or if you were to force close any audio apps and press the volume buttons, would this also launch Siri?

What I would definitely recommend doing as well is a reset of the headphones, and restart the iPhone. To reset the headphones, follow the steps shown HERE, then restart your iPhone and reconnect the headphones.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!