Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salm91
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2021

Re: SoundLink II Charging Help

I just purchased the Soundlink 2 and it has a learning curve to it.  First, I am not using the Bluetooth feature, I am only using the 3.5 Stereo cable input to my  Generation 5 ipod. I had 3 problems when first using this device and was tempted to return it.  The following are solutions that helped me.

1.  To charge this device do not use a USB HUB device, even if it has a power plug, it might not have enough AMPs to charge this device.  You must plug this in a 3.0. USB CHARGER that is plugged into a wall or extension cord or purchase the USB charger for this device from Bose.

2. To turn off the speaker when using the 3.5 stereo input only, you must push the Bluetooth button and then the on/off switch and it will turn it off completely. If you're using the Bluetooth feature then to turn it off, you push the input button and then the on/off button to fully turn the device off. *To get out of standby mode, when using the input device, plug the USB into the charger and do as stated above for the 3.5 feature or as stated above for the BlueTooth Feature. When it turns on, it will tell if your battery is charged or not.

3.  If using the gen. 5 ipod, to hear your music clearly, go to settings, click on EQ and then click on vocal booster. 

I hope this helps.  It stopped me from returning a great-sounding product.