Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Rename Bluetooth name for SoundLink Mini 1 on Iphone

We have two SoundLink Mini 1 speakers and both speakers have the same name on the Bluetooth list on our Iphones which makes it difficult to find which speaker we want to choose. Is it possible to rename the Bluethooth name of the SoundLink Mini speakers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Rename Bluetooth name for SoundLink Mini 1 on Iphone

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Bimsbums, 

Thanks for reaching out welcome to the community. 

As the SoundLink Mini does not utilise the Bose Connect app, you are unable to change the name of your product through this platform. However, I have taken a look and it would appear you may be able to alter this through your Iphone. If you take a look at this link from Apple support, this will provide you with full instructions. 

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Bimsbums, 

Thanks for reaching out welcome to the community. 

As the SoundLink Mini does not utilise the Bose Connect app, you are unable to change the name of your product through this platform. However, I have taken a look and it would appear you may be able to alter this through your Iphone. If you take a look at this link from Apple support, this will provide you with full instructions. 

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

This solution does not work for the Mini II Soundlink. There is no option to rename the Mini II Soundlink from within iOS. This is a tremendous inconvenience for customers like me who liked the product so much that they have multiple speakers in different locations. I don't see why it would be so difficult to fix this interoperability issue.

IMG_8CA7D499E5EF-1 2.jpg

Highlighted

I can understand how this may be frustrating, @MesserschmidtJ. If the Apple support article did not help, then this option may not be available. Please continue to follow our socials and the Bose Community, to be the first to know about feature releases and firmware updates.

Do you have any other queries regarding your speaker? How has it been for you so far, are you enjoying your listening experience?

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!