Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Reset not solving problem

Hi !

We are the happy owner of a Bose SoundLink speaker (model 404500) for a few years now.

A few days ago, our speaker started to malfunction - battery LED red and blinking fast, no sound.

We tried the standard fix (pressing the mute button for 10 seconds to reset device). It works and the speaker works again for a few minutes, then it starts malfunctioning again (red, fast blinking reset LED). We tried it a dozen times, we tried to drain the battery until the blinking stopped, then recharge and try again... Nothing. Still the same error after a few minutes each time we reset it.

Any idea how to fix that for good?

Cheers!

Xavier

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Reset not solving problem

Hey @XavierWielemans, welcome to the Bose Community! 😁

I'm glad to hear your SoundLink Bluetooth speaker has served you well for previous years. It's a shame that you're now encountering this strange issue with the blinking LED.

Resetting the speaker and draining the battery were both really great steps to try. At this point, I'd have to recommend getting in touch to explore the service options available, as troubleshooting has not resulted in a solution. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Re: Reset not solving problem

Thanks a lot for your reply Charlotte!

I'm going to do just that... 😉

Xavier