Discoboy1981
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2021

Revolve 2 Bluetooth connection

Hi All, 

I was wondering if someone could help me with a Bluetooth connection question with my new revolve 2 which I've just bought. 

It's connected to my Android phone via Bluetooth but everytime I open the camera on my phone the music stops. The same goes if I want to make a call on my phone its via the speaker. 

I'm sure there's a simple way around this but I can find it! Surely there's a way to have the music on via my phones Bluetooth without it stopping everytime I open my camera or another app? 

Thanks in advance. 

DB

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Re: Revolve 2 Bluetooth connection

Hey Discoboy1981, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this audio issue with your speaker. 

Does the issue occur only when connected to the speaker, or regardless of what Bluetooth device you have connected? I'd also like to know if this occurs across all applications or a few particular ones? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Revolve 2 Bluetooth connection

@Discoboy1981(I do not work for Bose)

Actually it is 'by design'.  Bose implemented it this way on all their bluetooth (BT) devices.  There are two BT 'profiles' - one for stereo streaming (A2DS) and one for phone calls - both actual and via voice over IP (VOIP) apps.   If music is playing and something triggers a phone call (outgoing or incoming) or requires VOIP functionality, the music stops/A2DS stops and "HFP" (hands free profile) begins.  The 'sound' will also change to standard phone call sound - mono, lower quality.  Bose devices are not implemented to have both profiles active at the same time - playing music during HFP calls and VOIP.  This is NOT considered a bug and in my opinion, is unlikely to be changed.

BTW, I have to assume that your camera triggers the HFP profile.  And also, when HFP is over, your music should continue from where it was stopped.