Highlighted

Re: Revolve Plus no bass after firmware upgrade

Hello Lucianostraga,

Thank you for posting.

I'm really sorry that your speaker stopped performing correctly.

I'd suggest testing by factory defaulting by the steps provided earlier in this thread.

If that doesn't fix the issue, please contact technical support.

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

AussieMark
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

I bought my Revolve+ 3 days ago in Australia (24th Dec, 2018) and as I type I'm upgrading my firmare from the 1.1.6 version it came with, with a manufacturing date of 4th Nov, 2017. I love the sound so far, best bluetooth speaker I've ever owned but everytime a msg or email comes through on my device it distorts on the Revolve+ with the incoming mail/message tone. I'll retest the music after the firware upgrade, gosh I hope it doesn't change the exceptional sound quality I've enjoyed for 3 days. I'll let you know. 

AussieMark
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

So I've literally upgraded to Firware Vs 1.5.0 about 10 minutes ago and I'm still loving the sound but it's almost midnight here so I'm keeping the volume low, the bass is still punchy, mids are clear and trebles not screetchy. I think Bose should add an equaliser to the Bose Connect App "wthin the contraints" of the performance capabilities of the bluetooth speaker so users could tweak the sound a little. I'm a flat EQ man. I've used Yamaha NS-10 speakers for years and the Revolve+ is the first bluetooth speaker that gave me that non-tweaked and gorgeous version of the original sound. I hope all those that have lost bass find some way to restore their faith in this speaker. 

Lucianostraga
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

I'm totally frustrated with this. First of all in Argentina no one answers on the number listed on the contact website. I wrote an emai on 26.12.18 and the replied me TODAY. They tell me that they WILL NOT HELP ME. Since it is not feasible to downgrade. So.. What should I do... my product is under warranty!!!!. This company is a SCAM. I WILL NEVER EVER PURCHASE ANY OTHER PRODUCT... and I suggest the ones that read this either. Totally dissapointed with this brand. 

Roops
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 3, 2019

I have the Bose Soundlink Mini ii and I just upgraded the firmware from 1.0.1 to v1.1.4, and the sound is a MASSIVE downgrade in bass. It is almost laughable at the lackluster base it has now. It has about quarter of the bass output it had before. Now any off-the shelf speaker can compete with this. It used to be the signature bose massive sound output before. It literally changed immediately. I had the speaker in my lap and it was vibrating me strong. Now, it is laughable vibrations from the speaker. I did the reset outlined in the post above and nothing changed. 

Hi Roops, 

Many thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you've had this issue. 

As you have gone through troubleshooting to factory reset your speaker, I would suggest to contact your local Customer Support Team for further assistance.

Warm regards

Leon_C - Community Support

kory007
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

hi,

Mine came with the new FW, but I am happy to read it can do better. so far this is a disappointment!

I am lucky I paied with my airline miles...

sound is FLAT. I have tried different sources, different devices, different sttings, same weak outcome. this is not what you expect when you buy a Bose speaker. other brands are making much better quality products, why bose cant keep up with them? if you dont have high standards [or standards at all] this could work, otherwise make sure you listen other brands first! dont make the same mistake I did. I am sad I had to write this post 😞 sorry.

Hi Kory007, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with the bass quality of your speaker. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have taken and would recommend that you also perform a reset on the speaker this can be done via: 

• Unplug the speaker from power, then turn it on using battery power
  • Press and hold the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow, then release the button.

If you are still unhappy with the quality of the speaker after this I would recommend that you reach out to our support team in your region about a possible exchange/replacement. 

Kind Regards. 

Hector B 

kory007
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

@Hector_B

Thx for the reply, i have tried the factory reset, and it has completely differen sound now!

Thx for the advise, helped a lot! 

spam1959
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I did that after the update and the rich sound came back