MoN
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2018

Revolve Plus no bass after firmware upgrade

I have just bought my Revolve plus since yesterday, and when i first tried listening to music, the bass sound was so strong and warm. Then, i downloaded Bose connect app and it automatically downloaded and upgraded the new firmware (1.5.0). Since then, i can notice the difference of the bass when trying listening to the same song, Revolve Plus doesn't perform that rich bass anymore as it's almost no bass at all. I have no idea wat the old firmware was, but i have tried to downgrade to 1.3.3 firmware and nothing is changed.

Anyone facing the same issue with me? Any help, please. I'm really disappointed with the current EQ that my Revolve Plus performs.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Revolve Plus no bass after firmware upgrade

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

@celle Thank you for performing that, and we're sorry to hear that you are disappointed - we understand it’s frustrating when a product stops working properly. Have you managed to test the speaker across multiple devices? If the issue remains, we recommend that you contact our service team in your region so they can assist. They will work with you to discuss your service options. Please click here for contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Let us know how everything works out for you.

Thank you again,

Mohsin

22 REPLIES 22
MoN
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2018

No one having the same problem with me??? Please help
Audiophile88
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

1. I experienced the same loss of bass after upgrading to firmware 1.5.0 on my Bose Revolve+ and now I can't downgrade either. I suspect this has something to do with tweaks that were made for users in Party Mode, but if you only have one speaker then the audio quality apparently suffers.

2. In addition, I have the same problem with static that Rh0d1um describes in this thread: https://community.bose.com/t5/Bluetooth-Only-Speakers/Bose-Revolve-static-noise/td-p/84184. I've tested audio using Bluetooth and a USB connection with different devices (mobile and computer)--in all cases, there is considerable static/crackling that you would not expect to find in a $300 speaker. I wish Bose would acknowledge that this is a problem and try to fix it instead of asking users to exchange their devices only to find that the same thing happens on the new device too.

celle
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

experiencing the same problem. no bass after updating. can someone help me?

Hi celle,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear about that. could I ask, have you tried resetting the speaker?

To reset to the factory default settings:

Note: A reset clears the paired Bluetooth device memory and the language settings from the speaker, returning it to its original factory settings. 

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

If you could give that a try and please let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

celle
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

hi tony. thank you for replying but nothing happens after doing a factory reset. still no bass. it doesnt sound the way the first time i used it. im really disappointed. and i badly needed your help to fix it.

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

@celle Thank you for performing that, and we're sorry to hear that you are disappointed - we understand it’s frustrating when a product stops working properly. Have you managed to test the speaker across multiple devices? If the issue remains, we recommend that you contact our service team in your region so they can assist. They will work with you to discuss your service options. Please click here for contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Audiophile88
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

I like how when I posted my complaint, not a single Bose representative replied. Not that I have much confidence in Bose's ability to help. I've read these forums long enough to know that others with the same reported problem have had their units "serviced" by Bose only to discover NO CHANGE in the static problem or in the lack of bass after upgrading the device's firmware.

@Audiophile88 Hello, sorry we missed you! We are here to assist in any way we can. We understand it's frustrating when a product stops working properly. Please contact our service team in your region and they would be able to assist. You may click here for contact information. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin 

Lucianostraga
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

I’m experiencing the same. NO BASS AT ALL. Terrible update. What should I do? I live in Argentina. I’m starting to hate this brand. You literally destroyed my speaker. HOW CAN I DOWNGRADE? Now!!!